Worried about him

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Sorry I’ve been out for a bit, his light that I got him blew out! I am getting a new one but I was look online for them and I found a redit story that the mesh blocks 40% of the uv is this true I will send pictures of my lizard soon to.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry I’ve been out for a bit, his light that I got him blew out! I am getting a new one but I was look online for them and I found a redit story that the mesh blocks 40% of the uv is this true I will send pictures of my lizard soon to.
Yes fine mesh like a screen door will block approx 30% of the UVB rays --- it is recommended that the UVB go into the tank directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches --

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Also when I was watering him just like 5 minutes ago I noticed that he had like kinda white drool in his mouth is that bad or normal? I’ve heated it can be an infection but he seems fine and his gum scabs have been doing better.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also when I was watering him just like 5 minutes ago I noticed that he had like kinda white drool in his mouth is that bad or normal? I’ve heated it can be an infection but he seems fine and his gum scabs have been doing better.
Not sure about that -- can you post a pic of the gums and scabs- I will have CooperDragon take a look at it

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
image.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gums look pretty good to me based on that last photo. Scabbing along the sides of the mouth may be shed related or perhaps he rubbed the sides of his face against something that gave him a cut or irritation. If it heals over where the scab fell off that's a good sign. Judging by how the rest of his mouth looks I wouldn't be too worried unless you start to see swelling or an increase in wounded/damaged looking tissue around the corners of his mouth.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom