Worried about him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have the fixture inside the tank is that bad?
No - the screen on the tank determines where that UVB needs to be - fine mesh screen inside w / a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- wide hole type on top of screen 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor- Repti Zoo bulbs are not of good quality please get a Reptisun 10.0 T5 or Arcadia 12% 24 watt bulb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great news his mouth is doing better now. I hope that it continues to improve.
Definitely try getting a new UVB light, I feel that will greatly enhance his overall health & demeanor
as well.
Please keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
image.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The placement looks good there. Is that the tube light fixture you are going to be using for the new tube bulb? The distance there looks good as well.
How is your dragon doing today?

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
That is tube fixture I will be using and he is doing good today he got up and walked right up to bask!

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
I remember hearing that beard dragons love to dig is this true and if it is then what would I use for substrate?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I remember hearing that beard dragons love to dig is this true and if it is then what would I use for substrate?
I use a 50/50 mix of playsand and reptisoil. Some like to add excavator clay as well.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I use a 50/50 mix of playsand and reptisoil. Some like to add excavator clay as well.
And yes most do like to dig, it's good (but messy) enrichment for them.

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
I did want to ask when should he go into brumation I’ve had him for 3 years and he has NEVER gone into brumation.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is indeed a great question. Some dragons, just don't seem to go into brumation at all, or for the
first several years while others start immediately. There really is no rhyme or reason to it at all. If he
isn't brumating, then, that isn't really a problem at all. Perhaps later on he will, you never know.

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Hey everyone just something that happed last night… I have given hades some kale for the first time he ate it all in 5 minutes. I went downstairs, when I came back up he has stress lines all over him and his neck was swollen. I took him out and he calmed down but his neck was still swollen. I let him sleep outside his cage and I stayed with him for a bit. But in the morning he was normal. Was it like an allergic reaction?

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Also back to the subject of digging do I have to worry about impactition I was getting ready to get that digging stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom