Worried about him

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
I do just want to add he’s had these for about 5 weeks should I take him to the vet though? They have been getting smaller every day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think his mouth & gums look pretty good. I don't think a vet trip is needed right now unless you
feel he is being bothered by this. Are you sure that it isn't dried skin or shed?

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Hello,

I think his mouth & gums look pretty good. I don't think a vet trip is needed right now unless you
feel he is being bothered by this. Are you sure that it isn't dried skin or shed?

Tracie
I Believe is not dry skin or shed as he has very irritated skin underneath it and sometimes when the scab falls off it bleeds.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If the scab area sheds off & bleeds, I would recommend putting some raw honey on those areas to help
encourage healing. That should help quite a bit. Has he been eating normally?

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
image.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I don't recognize the brand of bulb, but as recommended, I would switch the brand to one of the above
mentioned brands for a higher quality of UVB exposure for your dragon.
The Reptizoo is what is stamped on the tube bulb, so it is probably a China made bulb which is a lower
quality bulb.
How is his mouth doing, any improvements?

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom