Blood in poop

Burner596

Beardie name(s)
Stripes
My older (9y) male bearded dragon just pooped with a large amount of viscous blood and I'm not sure what to do. I just got back from being gone for a week so someone else was taking care of him, but nothing he ate should cause any poop color like this. I'm worried sick and don't know when I could take him in. He doesn't have anything around his cloaca that would make me think it's a prolapse and there are no behavioral changes. He did have a black beard a bit earlier but that isn't too abnormal for him considering the time/his temperament. I'm very very worried and any advice at all would be helpful, he's so important to me and I want to do anything I can to help him.
1432C81F-0DB7-4819-8E9D-3373635A5EFA.jpeg
0226D5B5-3358-4FA7-97DA-1926A2FC24F5.jpeg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that almost looks like a blueberry. about the right color too. any of those maybe?

Burner596

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Stripes
that almost looks like a blueberry. about the right color too. any of those maybe?
I wish it was but the liquid is definitely blood based on how it cloted up and separated. He also didn’t eat any blueberries while I was gone.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is concerning. Do you know what foods he took in while you were gone?
It is hard to tell but his eyes look like they are a bit puffy, is that correct? If they are it's possible
he is having renal issues. Can you get him to the vets on Monday?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom