New baby beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
An update, i took him yesterday to petco and unfortunately he and another 1 month old were sick and petco had to stop using that vendor, i was able to get another beardie as i didnt do anything wrong and this one is 3 months old, shedding, and eating so thank you for everything!
Your UVB is extremely important please post what your using

desss

Original Poster
thank you for your help, UPDATE. i took him back to the pet store and he was sick, not from me but from the vendor which they stopped using the day i got my beardie. i was able to take home a healthy beardie and she is doing great, thank you for ur help!

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
thank you for your help, UPDATE. i took him back to the pet store and he was sick, not from me but from the vendor which they stopped using the day i got my beardie. i was able to take home a healthy beardie and she is doing great, thank you for ur help!
New beardie or not you still need correct lighting. Is your uvb long or is it like a basking bulb? Can we get some pictures of your tank please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sad to hear about the other baby --- make sure your tank is up to par w/ correct UVB NO coils - surface basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- stick ons are inaccurate- a solid clear bright white basking bulb NO off white NO yellowish or Daytime bulbs and NO colored bulbs --- if any of this is off your dragon will not survive w/ out it being correct -- if you need help w / any of this please ask -- there are many on this board that can help

desss

Original Poster
New beardie or not you still need correct lighting. Is your uvb long or is it like a basking bulb? Can we get some pictures of your tank please
i have the long bulb, 20 gallon. i have everything correctly set up, thermometers on each end of the cage, and keeping humidity up, thank you though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
i have the long bulb, 20 gallon. i have everything correctly set up, thermometers on each end of the cage, and keeping humidity up, thank you though.
40-50% optimal humidity taken w a digital probe hygrometer---- long bulb? Brand and bulb T 5 or a T 8 --- there is a difference in distance and placement

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So sorry you had to take the other baby back, I hope that they got him healthy.
How is your new one doing, adjusting well?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom