Stuck shed on stomach or something

Mlevy

Beardie name(s)
Hades
My berdie hades has had this since last week but recently I got a good look at it while I was watering him.( I should have seen it sooner but I don’t like to flip him on his stomach or hold him in the air.) I will send a pic soon.

maddieool

Beardie name(s)
zeus, hades
another user with a beardie named hades! great to talk to you

its probably okay, im not the best with beardies so it might be best to wait for another reply, but, if your dragon is older, like 2+ years, shedding will take longer and longer, so a week is normal for them.
if the shed is stuck like it would be in their nose, end of their tails, or on their claws, then it will be beneficial to give hades a soak with the water filled to his armpits
id say, give it a few more days, like around 4 or something, see if this is still an issue, and if it is carry out what ive previously said.

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
Ok thanks he was sleeping when I was going to take the picture and I didn’t want to wake him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely no need in waking up your sleeping beauty! Just post a picture when you can. Shed skin
can take awhile to work itself off sometimes.

Tracie

Mlevy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hades
image.jpg
image.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Its shed, it can take a long time to come off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The belly scales take forever sometimes to come off! They look dirty, & retain awhile it seems,
but that is definitely shed on the belly. You can use some coconut oil daily or even aloe vera gel
to help moisturize is needed.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom