Heat Bulb Keeps Busting

Alexaandash

Beardie name(s)
Ash
I keep buying new ones but they keep busting, I’ve tried different brands of domes, different brands of bulbs but the heat always busts but not the uvb why?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are the bulbs longer than the dome is deep? Does the dome fit tight around the bulb? Is your habitat top opening? Is it actually busting, or just blowing?

Alexaandash

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
Are the bulbs longer than the dome is deep? Does the dome fit tight around the bulb? Is your habitat top opening? Is it actually busting, or just blowing?
image.jpg
image.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If that is the uvb bulb your using, they are no good. You need to switch to a longvtube bulb, Zoomed, Arcadia, sun blaster ect.
Most of the time I've had trouble with bulbs, they are either overheating, or the socket in the dome has corrosion build up causing high resistance.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That dome looks like it's tight on the bulb, try a more narrow bulb or a wider dome

Alexaandash

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
If that is the uvb bulb your using, they are no good. You need to switch to a longvtube bulb, Zoomed, Arcadia, sun blaster ect.
Most of the time I've had trouble with bulbs, they are either overheating, or the socket in the dome has corrosion build up causing high resistance.
It’s my heat / basking bulb not uvb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the coil uvb- they are a health hazard - please replace w/ a long tube fixture 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt- found at PetSmart or a 24" sunblaster nano tech if you need links please ask - please check you dome for wattage - I would get a single dome w/ correct wattage for dome- you can get domes at your farm supply stores for like chickens - they have high wattage strength - and they are cheaper as well - but please get your uvb changed out as soon as you can- please post back on here when you get the uvb I will help you get it placed for your tank the screen will determine placement and distance

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It’s my heat / basking bulb not uvb
I know, i was just mentioning the uvb because those compact/coil bulbs will cause health issues, they are no good, i wish they would stop selling them.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
@KarrieRee is our resident lighting guru, work with her and she can help you get it on point.

Alexaandash

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
Please get rid of the coil uvb- they are a health hazard - please replace w/ a long tube fixture 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt- found at PetSmart or a 24" sunblaster nano tech if you need links please ask - please check you dome for wattage - I would get a single dome w/ correct wattage for dome- you can get domes at your farm supply stores for like chickens - they have high wattage strength - and they are cheaper as well - but please get your uvb changed out as soon as you can- please post back on here when you get the uvb I will help you get it placed for your tank the screen will determine placement and distance
I’m going to petsmart right now

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom