my berdie isnt basking i need help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! You forgot to attach a picture. Lots of good people here can help you with Spark. Good to hear that he settled down a bit. You can leave the sand in the tank if he likes it but you have to 100 % sift out the poo, with a solid scooper to get out all the surrounding sand, not just the poo. Keep another bag of sand that you can add to his tank as you scoop out the old stuff.

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
Hi there ! You forgot to attach a picture. Lots of good people here can help you with Spark. Good to hear that he settled down a bit. You can leave the sand in the tank if he likes it but you have to 100 % sift out the poo, with a solid scooper to get out all the surrounding sand, not just the poo. Keep another bag of sand that you can add to his tank as you scoop out the old stuff.

Attachments

• 20231231_081916.mp4
    8.9 MB

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark

Attachments

• 17040325935595222075757361967776.jpg
    17040325935595222075757361967776.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 17040326330831251440379445535458.jpg
    17040326330831251440379445535458.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 39

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I see that you have an exoterra terrarium and your internal vents panel has been half dismantled. (It is located under the glass doors and is located inside the terrarium) The dragon can get its claws stuck in the resulting gap. You need to remove this vents panel if it is broken or install it in its original place.

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, the new name is Spark.
That's good to hear he seems to be doing better now, eating greens regularly & eating his worms too.
I hope that he likes his new UVB placement too, it should really help him out. Definitely post more
pictures & a video if you would like of him. Based on the above pictures, I don't see any evidence
of his eyes looking sunken in. He looks good, overall, alert & happy.
I hope he continues to do better.

Tracie

Last edited:

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
Hello,

Oh ok, the new name is Spark.
That's good to hear he seems to be doing better now, eating greens regularly & eating his worms too.
I hope that he likes his new UVB placement too, it should really help him out. Definitely post more
pictures & a video if you would like of him. Based on the above pictures, I don't see any evidence
of his eyes looking sunken in. He looks good, overall, alert & happy.
I hope he continues to do better.

Tracie

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
spark is still running around licking.now and idk what to do...idk what it is she was outta the ****ing cage all the time ..what do i fo kist keep letting it run for hours ...im open to any suggestions . ...may have to get rid if hom idk what the **** to Do..any more im over it !!!!

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
spark is still running around licking.now and idk what to do...idk what it is she was outta the ****ing cage all the time ..what do i fo kist keep letting it run for hours ...im open to any suggestions . ...may have to get rid if hom idk what the **** to Do..any more im over it !!!!
Sorry, I don't understand the problem. It's normal for them to run around and they lick stuff all the time. They take up a lot of senses with their tongue (or the jacobson organ to be precise).

Also if you just put him in a new place it is normal for him to want out. If that is the case I would just let him settle into his new home and not take him out or handle him too much.

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
Sorry, I don't understand the problem. It's normal for them to run around and they lick stuff all the time. They take up a lot of senses with their tongue (or the jacobson organ to be precise).

Also if you just put him in a new place it is normal for him to want out. If that is the case I would just let him settle into his new home and not take him out or handle him too much.

addy Luckey

I got this bearded dragon a couple months ago it used to live with my ex for 2 years she's been with me for a couple weeks now her cage surroundings are different she has a different stick I've been struggling with the light source which ones are correct which one aren't the temperature I'm trying to get down she keeps running around the bottom of the cage digging digging digging and there's no where for her to dig for the glass she seems very stressed and it's not it's starting not to bask now can somebody please contact me and let me know what to do next please I need emergency guidance on what to do I couldn't find her bulb for the UVB do I use until I can find it cuz it blew I got a 60 W regular light bulb in it for a heat source she's not happy at all please help please
I got this bearded dragon a couple months ago it used to live with my ex for 2 years she's been with me for a couple weeks now her cage surroundings are different she has a different stick I've been struggling with the light source which ones are correct which one aren't the temperature I'm trying to get down she keeps running around the bottom of the cage digging digging digging and there's no where for her to dig for the glass she seems very stressed and it's not it's starting not to bask now can somebody please contact me and let me know what to do next please I need emergency guidance on what to do I couldn't find her bulb for the UVB do I use until I can find it cuz it blew I got a 60 W regular light bulb in it for a heat source she's not happy at all please help please
It might be the tempature in there what do u normally have it at?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom