my berdie isnt basking i need help.

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
So your saying he's going to have to get a custom to it basically? the cage os the same just different sticks different light bulbs different hideouts when I got her she was pretty bad shape so it seems to be stressed because it barely had anything when I first got it now it's got what it needs and don't know how to handle it and it runs for hours

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
It might be the tempature in there what do u normally have it at?
i think it is the temp to tho I try to keep it at 95 in there for it to 100 but I don't have a temperature regulator thermostat so I got a heat bulb at 75 Watts UVB 10.0210 for 50 gallon gauge it's got screen on the top I don't know does any one have suggestions

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
So your saying he's going to have to get a custom to it basically? the cage os the same just different sticks different light bulbs different hideouts when I got her she was pretty bad shape so it seems to be stressed because it barely had anything when I first got it now it's got what it needs and don't know how to handle it and it runs for hours
Yeah, if the decor changed it will be like a new home for him and it will take a week or two for him to feel comfortable.
Don't worry, they are animals with feelings and emotions and they are not made of glass. He will adjust in time ;)

@addy Luckey is right. The spot under the lamp should be around 100 and is best placed to one of the tank.
The other side of the tank should be below 85°F which might be a little tricky to dial in, as your tank is really quite small.....

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
Anybody that lives near plant City Florida looking for a bearded dragon I have one I don't know how to take care of it it's going to die so we just to reach out to anybody that's willing to adopt a bearded dragon 2 years old 18 inches long please contact me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw that's sad, does your daughter want to keep her ? Do you have a house or apartment with a yard ? Living in Fl. you could build or buy a cage to let Spark out in the sun for an hour or so a day, she could get the uv rays from the sun and then her indoor lights would be fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is too bad. So you don't have any time to spend with her right now? Perhaps someone in
your family could take her for you?
It is quite normal that they are active & run around a lot.

Tracie

helpsparkles

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
spark
Spark....

I love u spark im sry i havent got ur lighting right .yet .

Attachments

• IMG_20240103_100710298.jpg
    IMG_20240103_100710298.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 33

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry you will be rehoming your boy. Be sure the person taking him in has the time to spend
with him & give proper care. Do you have any prospective owners?

Tracie

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
He's a beautiful dragon! That's sad that you don't have enough time for him. Unfortunately I live all the way across the US so I wouldn't be able to take him. He's a very gorgeous beardie. By far, he looks healthy from the pictures and he looks happy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You can try to put up an ad in our "For Free" forum here on the site. That may help you find
a good home for him.

Tracie

Carol123

Beardie name(s)
Rexy and Dum Dum
I got this bearded dragon a couple months ago it used to live with my ex for 2 years she's been with me for a couple weeks now her cage surroundings are different she has a different stick I've been struggling with the light source which ones are correct which one aren't the temperature I'm trying to get down she keeps running around the bottom of the cage digging digging digging and there's no where for her to dig for the glass she seems very stressed and it's not it's starting not to bask now can somebody please contact me and let me know what to do next please I need emergency guidance on what to do I couldn't find her bulb for the UVB do I use until I can find it cuz it blew I got a 60 W regular light bulb in it for a heat source she's not happy at all please help please
It could be that her temps are too hot. Get a temp gun. They are very inexpensive on Amazon. Then you can check her temperature and her basking area as well her body temperature an range between low 90’s to 104-106

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom