Heat Bulb Keeps Busting

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you can find a wider dome or like Karrieree said a higher wattage dome. That might solve the basking bulb issue

Alexaandash

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
Please get rid of the coil uvb- they are a health hazard - please replace w/ a long tube fixture 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt- found at PetSmart or a 24" sunblaster nano tech if you need links please ask - please check you dome for wattage - I would get a single dome w/ correct wattage for dome- you can get domes at your farm supply stores for like chickens - they have high wattage strength - and they are cheaper as well - but please get your uvb changed out as soon as you can- please post back on here when you get the uvb I will help you get it placed for your tank the screen will determine placement and distance
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Screen door type mesh
ok so it needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly over your basking decor piece
hang w/ 3 M Velcro fasteners -- fishing line - long plastic zip ties or this one I recommend picture hanger wire its bendable

Alexaandash

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ash
ok so it needs to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly over your basking decor piece
hang w/ 3 M Velcro fasteners -- fishing line - long plastic zip ties or this one I recommend picture hanger wire its bendable
What happens if it’s on top of the mesh?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom