scaled spin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you post some pictures of the black spine areas? Is photobucket not working for you?
Were you able to get those temperatures down in the tank? Those are way too high & can be lethal. Do you use a digital probe or temp gun?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, if you sent it, please resend! I didn't receive it, that I noticed.
How is he doing today?
Could this be a fungal issue possibly?
Make sure he has an area to cool down in his tank, during the day. Do you have a water dish in the tank also?
They are housed separately correct?

Tracie

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If they're housed together it sounds like a possible bite? But a pic would really be helpful! Can you post just the image code and I or someone else could get it to work??

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Since he is getting ready to shed in that area, I would not worry until the old skin has come off. See what it looks like then.

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My beardie Mischa(RIP died of old age btw) would devolope something similar looking to this except the spots were smaller the vet said that they were dead pigment cells so they turn black and it didn't affect his health. After your beardie sheds look closely at the black spots and see if the just look like black scales kinda like stress marks, except those arent from stress. here's a pic
DSC04144.jpg

look at his upper lip and also just above his shoulders, see the black spots?

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
your cool side temp also seems a little low, you need to raise it up to around 80-85f.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I have contacted someone who may be able to rescue your dragon.
I am praying that she can somehow be saved.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You say you have given up on her. You also say you love her. If you do, please let the rescue take her so that she can get the help she needs. I know it isn't easy, but it's the right thing to do.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
There are many experienced and expert dragon keeper's here who will be more than happy to advise you on how to help her!
I'm so sad for your girl that you seem to have given up on her. I know it is frustrating and can be stressful when it seems like
there is no improvement for a while. Reptiles heal and recover very slowly so you don't see immediate improvement. But by
following some good advice and a vet visit your girl has a chance at recovery if you don't give up on her. Please let us help
you with her or if you have made up you mind, will you please surrender her to someone who will give her care. You can PM
me if you's like.
Amanda

mischa

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Think about it if it were you, would you want to have the person you depend on for everything to survive to just give up on you? Would you not want them to do everything in their power to ensure your well being? I'm just saying there are people who would drive across states to save a beardie.

RockHound

Hatchling Member
20 bucks should have gotten you close to 200 crickets. Did you really feed them all off in one sitting, and not even gutload them? Crickets are not given food in pet shops and have next to no nutritional value unless they are gutloaded first. I don't feed off my crickets until they've had 24+ hours of eating the food I give them. Maybe you don't have good luck breeding your own feeders because you don't care for them correctly.

Sounds like you DO need more advice. Apparently more than your brain can handle right now. You may have all the "due time" in the world, but your dragon does not. When beardies get sick, you have to be on the ball. They deteriorate rapidly, and if you do nothing, a completely reversible situation could end up getting so bad, it will kill your animals. People on here are giving you a hard time because we've seen it all before and it's heartbreaking.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry...I don't usually get involved in conversations of this nature but I feel like I need to. People are trying to HELP your dragon, not you...if you don't care enough to say something more than "no comment" then do it for your defensless dragon.

As someone who has battled a sever chronic illness since age 15, and cancer at 20, I am very upset by your neglect. Had my parents said "well crap she's sick and its just going to be too expensive and too much work to deal with so I give up and no comment" I would be dead, long gone and forgotten. Your dragon doesn't have any hope for survival that doesn't come from you. Have half a heart and show some responsibilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom