Beardie no longer basking

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I still have the 50w basking bulb in. I didnt want to switch to 75w yet cuz it will be heating up my uvb fiture as well and will probably melt that. So I either have to raise uvb again or move basking bulb to far out of uvb to avoid melting fixture. The reflector on uvb fixture is getting way over 100 degrees with the changes I made. I cant change direction of uvb because its 36" long and width of enclosure is only 24"
Do you have a 24 " fixture? What about running it perpendicular?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do not until I can afford to upgrade to the Arcadia Lumenize series that Im planning on going with which wont be for probably a few more weeks
I have seen this fixture and dont know a thing about it-- for now I am sticking w/ what I know --- I use the Zoo Med fixture w/ either the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulbs or the Arcadia 12% 24 watt changed out every 10- 11 months -- I dont know if anyone on here right now has those and are using them or if anyone on here has tested them out --- that would be a couple of our moderators on this board

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
I have seen this fixture and dont know a thing about it-- for now I am sticking w/ what I know --- I use the Zoo Med fixture w/ either the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulbs or the Arcadia 12% 24 watt changed out every 10- 11 months -- I dont know if anyone on here right now has those and are using them or if anyone on here has tested them out --- that would be a couple of our moderators on thi

I have seen this fixture and dont know a thing about it-- for now I am sticking w/ what I know --- I use the Zoo Med fixture w/ either the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulbs or the Arcadia 12% 24 watt changed out every 10- 11 months -- I dont know if anyone on here right now has those and are using them or if anyone on here has tested them out --- that would be a couple of our moderators on this board
The lumenize fixtures are exactly the same as the PRO T5 series. Only difference is that the fixure is blue tooth capable and can be set to dim bulbs to mimic sunrise and sunset. Uses the exact same bulbs. Seem really awsome to me.

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
ok that is interesting- and good to know
In the meantime I have uvb set to a height where my basking bulb wont melt it which gives uvb distances of 15" if she lays on her basking decor and 17"-18" if she lays on the floor which she seems to prefer which is about 2" closer than previously. I really dont know what else I can do right now to get things closer without risk of melting fixtures.

Attachments

• 1000000321.jpg
    1000000321.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail_20240114_151814.jpg
    thumbnail_20240114_151814.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 21

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
In the meantime I have uvb set to a height where my basking bulb wont melt it which gives uvb distances of 15" if she lays on her basking decor and 17"-18" if she lays on the floor which she seems to prefer which is about 2" closer than previously. I really dont know what else I can do right now to get things closer without risk of melting fixtures.
Get a rolled up towel / dish towel so she can climb on that to get closer to the UVB--

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
You can place the heat lamp dome to the side of the UV so that the warm light rays do not touch the reflector of the UV lamp. if you want the UV rays to intersect better in the basking zone, tilt one of the lamps.
For example, Arcadia did this in Arcadia ThermalZooPro
Just checked out that thing. That would be awsome but way out of my price range lol

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Just checked out that thing. That would be awsome but way out of my price range lol
Apparently I expressed myself incorrectly. I suggested taking the idea of tilting the lamp so that the rays converged in one place and the heating lamp did not heat up the UV.
That's what I meant, maybe you can do it
1705310572121.jpg

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom