Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
looks like some of her guts are on the wrong side of her body. must have gotten squished a bit. she won't do you any good as a breeder any more and probably won't live much longer either. might as well feed her off or throw her out.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
I got my dubia test sample of 25 large and 150 small today and fed Argos a couple of the smalls and a 1 larger and he loved them...sounds like I'll be breeding dubias from now on. He had to chew on the larger one (about 1") for a little bitbut he was happy and looking for more.

Argos is 17", 210g. I was a little worried because the large dubia was the biggest live thing I've ever fed him...

HuberNS92

My roaches haven't bred yet, still waiting patiently. But in the mean time i'm feeding off smaller ones. Can you tell me, is it okay to disrupt the females while they are breed with egg sacs or whatever. I mean, would it be okay for me to lift up the egg cartons and shift them around, or should the females be completely undisturbed?

HuberNS92

Twobeardieguy":46ajj5gf said:
It is best to just leave them be unless you are cleaning the bin. The females can drop the sacs at anytime.

Well how should I get the nymphs to feed my guy then? I mean I have to shift them around and they drop from the egg carton.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
You don't have any choice disturbing the colony to sort out what you want for feeders. After that is when you leave the breeders alone except for feeding them.

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Ive got a separate bin just for my adults. Once I see the small nymphs I take them out and place in my feeder bin. I will check once every few weeks.

HuberNS92

hammerhead":f3q59wpc said:
You don't have any choice disturbing the colony to sort out what you want for feeders. After that is when you leave the breeders alone except for feeding them.

Okay I seperated my feeders and breeders. I just hope I have enough of the male and female roaches for colonizes. Its still a little hard for me to distinguish there sex. This is unfortunate I would of just bought adults if I had known they would be seperate. I don't know I just bought mixed because I thought that would be best.

Also, how many breeder should I keep together, or does it not matter?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The females don't actually leave the eggs in the tank, they keep them in the body to hatch. And if you do find any egg sacks in your tank while your cleaning, you might as well throw them out cuz they won't hatch.

-Brandon

HuberNS92

Hey guys. For my ventihiliation, do you think it would be okay to leave the rubbermaid bin open a an inch or so on one side? Seems to be fine?

Also this may of been answered, but how long does it normally take adults to mate, and babies to come!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom