Broken toe?

B0w1ofsoup

Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
Hi! My beardie's toe looks a little weird and kinda looks broken? I'm not completely sure if that's the case though. He is fine when I lightly touch it though and is acting like his normal self. I'm a bit worried so if anybody can help that would be greatly appreciated!

B0w1ofsoup

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
Here are some pics. It wouldn't let me add to original post.

Attachments

• 20240108_190316.jpg
    20240108_190316.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240108_190305.jpg
    20240108_190305.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 35

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Here are some pics. It wouldn't let me add to original post.
That doesn't look right. I agree with Karrie if there's a grass or green mesh hammock take it out. What is the tank setup? Is there anything else that may have caused that?

B0w1ofsoup

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
Looks off -- are you using a green mesh hammock or grass one? If so please take it out - or green reptile carpet? What type of uvb are you using coil or a long tube fixture?
I do not have any of those thing and I use a long tube fixture. I'm not sure what could've caused it.

B0w1ofsoup

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
That doesn't look right. I agree with Karrie if there's a grass or green mesh hammock take it out. What is the tank setup? Is there anything else that may have caused that?
Yea i don't have any of those things and there isn't really anything else that might've caused it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has this toe looked this way? It definitely appears off, but it doesn't seem to bother
him when he walks around, etc or when you touch it?
What type/brand of UVB light do you use?

Tracie

B0w1ofsoup

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
Hello,

How long has this toe looked this way? It definitely appears off, but it doesn't seem to bother
him when he walks around, etc or when you touch it?
What type/brand of UVB light do you use?

Tracie
Hello! I am pretty sure it happened sometime today (01/08/24) but not exactly sure when. But it does not seem to bother him at all. I use a reptisun 10.0 UVB tube light

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! I am pretty sure it happened sometime today (01/08/24) but not exactly sure when. But it does not seem to bother him at all. I use a reptisun 10.0 UVB tube light
Make sure your UVB is correctly placed for the screen on your tank - if its a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - wide hole top of screen 8-10 inches -- the bulb should not be older than 10-11 months unless your getting good UVI readings from a good solar meter --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If it just happened, you could consider trying to set it if
possible, with using cardboard encircling the finger then
taping it up gently for a bit to see if you can get it to
straighten up some. Or you can use toothpicks too,
that works as well.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just checking on your dragon's toe, has it improved some? Were you able to make a little cast
or tape it up a little bit?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

B0w1ofsoup

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hobie Goober
Hello,

Just checking on your dragon's toe, has it improved some? Were you able to make a little cast
or tape it up a little bit?
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
Hi sorry there haven't been updates. He went into brumation and I really don't want to disturb him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok, so he has been a sleepy boy? Just wondered if his toe was healing up nicely. Let us know
if you have some updates.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom