Bloody urate

Brandon223

Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
Hello everyone my bearded dragon Sunrise had blood in her urate today when i was giving her a bath. I don't think she's dehydrated because she eats her greens that are usually wet. The picture of her poop and urate is under water if anybody is wondering. She poops almost every day. The last time i took her to the vet was March 1 and she tested negative for parasites. She had a superworm and a dubia yesterday. Her behavior is normal. The only thing i can think of that could of cause it is too much calcium. Because i dust not just her insects but also her greens with it because she was deficient in calcium when i took her to the vet. I will update everyone tomorrow after she poops. Hopefully there will be no blood in her urate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 235859.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 235859.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2024-03-17 235843.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 235843.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2024-03-17 235805.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 235805.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I posted on your other thread but missed this one.
If there is a bit of blood with the urate, that could be
worms or parasites. So, getting a fecal done would
be a good idea, just to get that checked out.
I don't think it would be too much calcium but it is
always possible. Give powdered calcium 3 times
per week since she is an adult.

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
The reason i mentioned to much calcium is because i was giving her some every day for about 2 weeks. I did that because she was deficient in calcium and her UVB bulb was way past expired and i put a new one in. But i may have gave her to much calcium. And i also gave her insects every day for a week and a half after the vet visit, for her to put on weight and she still looks the about the same. Maybe it's a combination of to much calcium and insects. She's mainly eating greens now and i don't put any calcium on them. Her behavior is still normal and unfortunately there was blood in her urate today the first picture shows that. The second and third picture is from when i separated the poop with a Q-tip. I noticed that it looked like undigested greens, not sure if it's normal because i never open up poop. She 9 years old and eats greens daily, maybe her body doesn't need that much. Her poop is solid not loose so it's kind of weird but at the same time it's not normal to separate poop like that so i don't know. I will give a update tomorrow. And thank you Tracie for all the help, i very much appreciate it.

Attachments

• DSC07660.JPG
    DSC07660.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC07665.JPG
    DSC07665.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC07667.JPG
    DSC07667.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
She had bloody urate today and i talked to the vet. They said to give her the baytril every other day, instead of every day. And give her calcium every other day. If the blood doesn't clear up, then i will take her to the vet and give them a stool sample. The photos are from today.

Attachments

• DSC07669.JPG
    DSC07669.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC07668.JPG
    DSC07668.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry she is still having trouble. Is she straining at all, which could cause some blood? It probably would
be a good idea to get a fecal done on her, with blood being involved.
At 9 years of age, she might just be having some trouble with digesting. You could also consider getting
her on some probiotics to help with her digestion.
Are you able to keep her a little warm overnight to boost her system?

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
She's not straining and i will get a fecal exam tomorrow. Her poop looks a little bit more digested today and more brown instead of green. And i think i might be able to keep her warm overnight. Photos from today.

Attachments

• DSC07676.JPG
    DSC07676.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC07678.JPG
    DSC07678.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 13

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That's great she isn't straining then, so the blood is
most likely from parasites probably. It shouldn't be
anything serious but needs to get cleared up for her.
You could give the cilantro, parsley, mint & basil/
oregano mix into a paste for natural help with worms
& parasites.
Hopefully she is feeling better & that she starts to digest
more efficiently. Keeping her warm overnight, should
really help boost her system.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
I wasn't able to get photos, but her urate wasn't as bloody like to photos i posted. And i was able to get a fecal exam today. They said they didn't see any parasite but that doesn't mean that there isn't any. So they recommend i get a dewormer, and i got one from them and gave it to her today. The said that's all they can do for her, if the blood doesn't clear up then i would have to go to a exotic vet that specializes in bearded dragons or they can get me referred. They work on on bearded dragons but don't specialize in them.

Last edited:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good to hear her urate wasn't as bloody today,
hopefully that improves.
That is true, sometimes fecal exams don't pick up
everything. Panacur is a mild dewormer so that should
help for any general worm levels.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Brandon223

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Sunrise
Her urate is looking much better today. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow the blood will be cleared up.

Attachments

• DSC07692.JPG
    DSC07692.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 18

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific to hear! I hope she continues to improve. Keep her well hydrated to get things
flushed out of her system along with the Panacur helping out also.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great to see that the blood issue has finally
cleared up. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom