shedding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
my male is pretty young but hasn't shed since i got him 5 months ago. now he's shedding, but weird. his skin turned this weird grayish color, and on the last inch if his tail it's all bloody, scaby, and falling apart. whats wrong?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
normaly their scales will become dull and grey when they shed but i dont know about the bloody part did something fall on his tail?

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, nothing fell on his tail, and the weird gray skin shed off.he just sheds differently than my other one. the tail's still weird though.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sorry, i wish i had a camera. there's only one reason i can think of for his messed up tail though, cause i bath hiw 2-3 times a week and clean his cage once a week. Well i put the fmale in hes cage to breed 5 or 6 days ago and that's about when i noticed is. she is always standing on my male and she has razor claws. so could it be from scratching?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
:lol: i totally didnt expect it he saw the cat sitting on my feet and decided to attack and ran over the key board

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, i doubt she bit him, it doesn't look like a bite mark, and she is terrified of him

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like they need to be separated ASAP because she is terrified of him and he is injured. They actually shouldn't be left together even if you do want them to breed but it sounds like they are not ready yet. Breeders recommend putting them together long enough to breed and then separating them right away because the male will continue to breed non-stop.

Did you wash his tail off with diluted Betadine, dry it and apply a triple antibiotic? Also, make sure you're not using a loose substrate that would stick to the wound.

Is this the same female that is pale, has glazed over eyes and not eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom