Fungus, bruise or weird shed?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
So Luis did shed about a month ago (he's almost a year old) and left behind some dull, greyish scales on his back legs and tail which didn't bother me tooo much. He's shedding again right now and I noticed a very pale (white, orange) patch on his tail and I thought he'd finally shed off those dull scales but when I put him on the floor it took like 20 seconds for the patch to go back to this greyish color it was before. Like it was never even there. It was about an inch long, half an inch wide and like two circles overlapping. I did touch the area but there was nothing risen, hard or brittle or anything.

Afterwards I fed him some roaches and he drank from the eyedropper like usual, maybe a little more. After that I tried to put him right back in the viv but he clinged on to me so hard that I let him stay and put him on my chest instead. He climbed on my shoulder and his color changed once again and now it was like he was almost glowing with incredibly vivid colors and he just looked at me for the better part of 30 minutes. No patch, no greyish color no nothing.....

Anyway, I'm not sure if they can change the color of a patch that is about to shed at this speed. But if it was fungus, the color of it wouldn't change ether, would it? Or could this be a bruise of some sort? Has anyone seen anything like that?
Sorry I didn't get a picture but it is gone right now. I did also see it yesterday though, so it wasn't just my mind playing tricks!

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
He's just chilling now next to his basking log and looks completely fine.
IMG_20231011_183455.jpg
His tail is not that dark, the first pic is more true to color.

IMG_20231011_185437.jpg

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
So Luis did shed about a month ago (he's almost a year old) and left behind some dull, greyish scales on his back legs and tail which didn't bother me tooo much. He's shedding again right now and I noticed a very pale (white, orange) patch on his tail and I thought he'd finally shed off those dull scales but when I put him on the floor it took like 20 seconds for the patch to go back to this greyish color it was before. Like it was never even there. It was about an inch long, half an inch wide and like two circles overlapping. I did touch the area but there was nothing risen, hard or brittle or anything.

Afterwards I fed him some roaches and he drank from the eyedropper like usual, maybe a little more. After that I tried to put him right back in the viv but he clinged on to me so hard that I let him stay and put him on my chest instead. He climbed on my shoulder and his color changed once again and now it was like he was almost glowing with incredibly vivid colors and he just looked at me for the better part of 30 minutes. No patch, no greyish color no nothing.....

Anyway, I'm not sure if they can change the color of a patch that is about to shed at this speed. But if it was fungus, the color of it wouldn't change ether, would it? Or could this be a bruise of some sort? Has anyone seen anything like that?
Sorry I didn't get a picture but it is gone right now. I did also see it yesterday though, so it wasn't just my mind playing tricks!
Most likely shed, could you post a picture of the area if it starts to look strange again? They can change the colour of little patches of skin, my guy turns patches of his scales black when he’s upset.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Looks like it's going to shed to me also

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Most likely shed, could you post a picture of the area if it starts to look strange again? They can change the colour of little patches of skin, my guy turns patches of his scales black when he’s upset.
Yes, I can try to get a picture but it is gone so fast everytime. The first time i thought I was crazy because it was suddenly gone.
He changes his color too but usually it is the tip of the tail, the beard or some lines on his belly.....
Also the shed on the top of his head stayed white while this happened. Maybe this little guy just wants to confuse me to get attention ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom