quick lighting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
is it ok to use household bulbs for basking bulbs? and if so is there a kind i should'nt buy is there bad ones for them?

thanks everyone in advance i really apprciate it

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes, it is okay to use household bulbs. The only thing you need to know is that it has to be "bright white" bulb. Alot of people use the halogen flood lights.
The only ones to avoid would be the colored ones, of course. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the energy saving spiral ones may not get as hot as an ordinary bulb...but like I said I am not sure on that.

Hope this helps! :D

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ok cool because i made this thing for my beardie but i have the light at an angle and he dosent want to bask up there i think its because its shinning right in his eyes so i want to get one of those light holders from home depot that is only straight down and lower the wattage so it dosent get 2 hot ill probably go with the halogen ones if i can find like a 40 watt or something close it sucks but i think this is what i need to do and i have to get the perfect temps again uggghh o well ill get it thank you so much

Dont use CFL (Compact Florescents) because they produce little to no heat. I would highly recommend using Halogen flood bulbs. Halogen bulbs last longer than standard incandescents and by using a flood bulb you will direct more of the heat towards your reptile, thus, you may not need as high of a wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom