Led lights

muskiemagic

Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
I have changed over to Arcadia heat projection bulbs as my main source for heat since I can no longer buy regular halogens anymore. I am using an Arcadia 36in. T5 H0 12% UVB bulb in my 2x2x4 enclosure but would like enclosure to be a little brighter. I am wondering if LEDs are a safe secondary lighting source ? If so what kind of LED should I use ? Would full spectrum LED grow bulbs work or can I use any kind of LED for extra lighting ?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
LED are a good source of light as bearded dragons would be exposed to high levels of illuminance in the wild as well.

Make sure you use daylight white (6500k) LEDs. As Brandon mentioned there are some out there that target Reptiles in particular but they are more expensive.
Some new ones on the market put out UVB as well.

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Maybe not available at a local hardwarestore, but surely you can find one at a local pet store?

I really like the DHP for non basking species, but It lacks everything your BD needs to basking properly.. Not enough IRA radiation and way too much IRB.. it's just not the most natural way to heat them.

If can't get locally check out www.lightyourreptiles.com Todd is the main guy there and he is really helpful nice guy.

I agree an LED light bar is really good but you still need a good halogen/ incandescent. Arcadia has a really good 35 inch and now a 48inch one too!

muskiemagic

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brindle and Bob
Maybe not available at a local hardwarestore, but surely you can find one at a local pet store?

I really like the DHP for non basking species, but It lacks everything your BD needs to basking properly.. Not enough IRA radiation and way too much IRB.. it's just not the most natural way to heat them.

If can't get locally check out www.lightyourreptiles.com Todd is the main guy there and he is really helpful nice guy.

I agree an LED light bar is really good but you still need a good halogen/ incandescent. Arcadia has a really good 35 inch and now a 48inch one too!
Thank you for the reply. I have heard the same thing about the DHP's so I have went back to using Arcadia halogen and ordered the Arcadia Jungle Dawn led light bar for my secondary lighting

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom