Lighting issues might be harming

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
I have a 75 gallon enclosure. 48 L X 34 W X 17 H.

When I rescued Rico I for the enclosure and everything they had.

They only used a ReptiSun 160w heat and uv light.

Her basking spot is about 10” and she wouldn’t open her eyes. From reading here, I think the uv is too much?? So I raised the fixture and she opened her finally.
She takes the heat okay, but stopped eating greens and sleeps a lot. Eats bug though. And I dripped water on her snout today finally and she took it.

I really need help with lighting. I need to know what size heat bulb to get for basking and what to do for uv and placement.

I know there are posts here about this, they all confuse me, I have a few personal issues with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Teresa

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
This is the hygrometer I am using Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com you can find one similar to this - it needs to go on your back wall center of the tank -- where is she sitting under the UVB? Off to the side directly under it ? Does she have options of distance?
She sits off to the side. The bottom log distance is 10”. Should I move the big one over?
Thanks for the info on hydrometer.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She sits off to the side. The bottom log distance is 10”. Should I move the big one over?
Thanks for the info on hydrometer.
- does she ever sit at the 10" distance? Off to the side is good tho - your reflector is directing the UVB rays downward - does she have other options of getting away from it if she wants to or is the 10" the only option?

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
Yes. The other side or I set up the back so she can hide under the back “log”.
Oh, and as I was leaving for work today, she started to eat her greens. I’ve been withholding the bugs…

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes. The other side or I set up the back so she can hide under the back “log”.
Oh, and as I was leaving for work today, she started to eat her greens. I’ve been withholding the bugs…
How old is the dragon? If shes an adult she only needs insects 2-3 times per week - I would also offer treat worms like supers meal horn worms -- couple of times per week -- the back log is how far distance 10 inches?

Rico

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rico
How old is the dragon? If shes an adult she only needs insects 2-3 times per week - I would also offer treat worms like supers meal horn worms -- couple of times per week -- the back log is how far distance 10 inches?
Under the back log she’s in the floor so 15”.
She’s about 3 1/2. I’m trying to give her vitamins on the worm - a several mealworm and a super worm. Trying to get her used to Dubia roaches. She definitely loves horns worms lol. She didn’t eat much greens, but at least it seems like a start.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom