light pink urate and like white fim on its poop.

Leo's mom

Beardie name(s)
Leo
My 3 or 4 month old bearded dragons poop had a light pink urate and something like a white coating on its poop yesterday. Today again he had a little light pink in his urate.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a picture of it?

Typically, a pinkish color in the urate is going to be caused by over supplementation.

Can you go over how often you are dusting with calcium and/or a multi vitamin?
What do your insects eat?

-Brandon

Leo's mom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
20230607_183448.jpg

Leo's mom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Can you post a picture of it?

Typically, a pinkish color in the urate is going to be caused by over supplementation.

Can you go over how often you are dusting with calcium and/or a multi vitamin?
What do your insects eat?

-Brandon
We dust crickets and roaches every time we feed him.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We dust crickets and roaches every day and I usually put some on his salads too.
Most likely your problem. A growing dragon needs calcium dusting 5x a week, not 5 days a week, or every day. 5x a week means 5 feedings per week. So if you feed your dragon insects twice a day, only one of those feedings gets dusted, and that counts towards your 5 for the week.

-Brandon

Leo's mom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Most likely your problem. A growing dragon needs calcium dusting 5x a week, not 5 days a week, or every day. 5x a week means 5 feedings per week. So if you feed your dragon insects twice a day, only one of those feedings gets dusted, and that counts towards your 5 for the week.

-Brandon
Ok also the pet store suggested I do organic spring mix as a staple is that good for dragon to help as well

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Spring mix is going to vary based on the season you are in and the location. A couple good staple greens would be collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, and bok choy. You can throw in other salad items too, but i'd base your salads around those greens.

-Brandon

Leo's mom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Spring mix is going to vary based on the season you are in and the location. A couple good staple greens would be collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, and bok choy. You can throw in other salad items too, but i'd base your salads around those greens.

-Brandon
Ok thank you.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom