Bearded dragon trouble pooping

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
My bearded dragon hasn’t pooped for a week. Today, he had a liquify urate, but no poop. I feel like he would have poop too. He was having diarrhea before he didn’t poop. On top of this his beard is a little dark, and it looked like he was going to go but didn’t. What should I do?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just wanted to comment on your girl! She sure is pretty & was enjoying pushing her beard out.
It sounds like she just got upset & they can really get mad & stay mad for awhile! I'm sure that
she will be just fine.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

Just wanted to comment on your girl! She sure is pretty & was enjoying pushing her beard out.
It sounds like she just got upset & they can really get mad & stay mad for awhile! I'm sure that
she will be just fine.

Tracie
Ok, thank you! Her beard turns nice and bright when I give her food!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I think her appetites been ok. She eats what I hand her for the most part. Only finicky with the greens when they are plain. So, that’s good!
It is hard to tell weather she is grabbing it on her own. She did Wednesday or Thursday, I think. Then, maybe Friday. Definitely seems interested in her food dish though. I think I’ve probably just handed her a little too much with the tweezers because I like seeing her beard bright.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
8DABDD33-D7D7-40A5-90A3-AB5FC62C7602.jpeg

This is her right now! I just handed her a tiny green. But it was already pretty bright to begin with. It tends to be the most dark near the afternoon and evening hours so far.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is very alert there! I think she looks happy, too. Hopefully she will be on the road to recovery here.
I think all of them at one time or another have gotten picky with their eating, in general, but especially
their greens!

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

She is very alert there! I think she looks happy, too. Hopefully she will be on the road to recovery here.
I think all of them at one time or another have gotten picky with their eating, in general, but especially
their greens!

Tracie
Ok, thank you! Today, she pooped again. It was another big, unformed one. I don’t know why her poops are like this.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Ok, thank you! Today, she pooped again. It was another big, unformed one. I don’t know why her poops are like this.
I’m guessing it is probably over hydration or parasites. She did have two baths and butternut squash purée. So, that is a lot of water. The poop didn’t smell at all. It also happened a few days apart. There were no poops in between. It is just really watery.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I got her a probiotic to help with her stomach. I gave her sweet potato on Friday. She liked it! The directions are just weird because it says 1 teaspoon per pound of food. Should I just use a light amount mixed in with her food? Because I don’t know how many pounds she eats. Also, is it a good probiotic? Thank you!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
That probiotic I have never seen before, but it should be just fine. Do you plan on using it daily
for awhile?
Is she liking the squash mixture you are giving her? At least it seems like her system is working
pretty well. Some just don't go to the bathroom as often as others do, they are all different.
She looks alert there in the picture too!

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
That probiotic I have never seen before, but it should be just fine. Do you plan on using it daily
for awhile?
Is she liking the squash mixture you are giving her? At least it seems like her system is working
pretty well. Some just don't go to the bathroom as often as others do, they are all different.
She looks alert there in the picture too!

Tracie
She likes the squash mixture a lot. She is eating pretty crazy right now. So, I’m wondering if she’s gravid again. I didn’t end up giving the probiotic yet because I was afraid to give her too much.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she likes the squash, a lot of them tend to! I certainly hope that she isn't gravid again,
it sure is hard on them to lay so many clutches. Be sure to keep her on a regular calcium intake just
in case she is developing more eggs.
The probiotic should be safe so you can give that a few times a week if needed.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

That's great she likes the squash, a lot of them tend to! I certainly hope that she isn't gravid again,
it sure is hard on them to lay so many clutches. Be sure to keep her on a regular calcium intake just
in case she is developing more eggs.
The probiotic should be safe so you can give that a few times a week if needed.

Tracie
Ok, thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom