Pink Fluid?

tarynd98

Hello, I have a female bearded dragon that is 2.5 years old. I had a vet appointment scheduled because she had slight pink urate about a month ago. However, she was going through a really bad shed and I think it was just from stress. All poops since have been normal. Until today, she pooped and while her urate was white, the liquid has a pink color to it. She was at a friends place in a new enclosure (completely new, nothing has ever lived in it) for a few days since I went camping. Is this from stress or is it a bigger problem? I’ve never seen the liquid turn pink, only her urate. As you can see, her poop is very minimal and runny as well. I just got back home maybe two hours ago so she has just been returned to her usual enclosure. Her enclosure is a 4 x 2 x 2 Zen habitat. Her diet consists of mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, mealworms, and dubia roaches. She also gets blueberries and hornworms as a snack on occasion. Nothing red in her diet. She has a uvb bulb that gets changed every six months. She is also super active right now, not hiding, running around like normal. She did seem super stressed while at the new place, however, and pretty much stayed in one spot. Please let me know if you have any questions. I have posted a picture of both the poop in question and her enclosure. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3040.jpeg
    IMG_3040.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 63

tarynd98

Original Poster
Forgot to add: she poops about once every week. She gets baths normally every other week unless she runs through her poop, then she gets a bath as soon as I see it. No poop is left in her enclosure. I clean it as soon as I see it every time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Humidity is at 10%. Basking side is low 90s. Cold side is high 70s. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Please get your surface basking temp to 95-100-- all I see is white for urate - are you feeding supplements? The humidity is being taken w/ a analog hygrometer or a digital probe hygrometer? The probe is the best placed on the back center wall of the tank -- 40-50% is optimal but you dont want it under 20% or over 70% - I dont see any digital probe thermometers in the tank -- please get two of them - you want accurate surface basking temps and those are the best for getting them -- I would watch the poop now that shes back in her own tank and I would say she was probably stressed causing the discoloration of the poop --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Maybe try cutting out the blueberries for a couple poop cycles (wow did i just say poop cycles? Man I'm on this site to much lol) and see if it clears up, then give the blueberries back and see if it comes back. I'm guessing it might be the blueberries causing it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh btw she is a doll baby 🥰 and your setup looks great!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is super cute for sure! :)
I think your set up is really good, so I doubt it would be anything there. How often do you give
the blueberries? Not sure that would cause it if they aren't fed often.
Sometimes the urates turn off color or pinkish with hormonal changes. Has she ever laid any
eggs before?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom