Off white urate

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
My bearded dragon has a bit of an off white urate. It is like a light cream color. Is this normal. His poop is also diarrhea, but the vet thinks that is from the laxatives he was having since he was just constipated. When I clean the poop, the extra liquid stains the paper towel light yellow. Is this a normal colored urate?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does happen. Sometimes they don't pass urates just fluids/water so that is no problem at
all. Hopefully his urates will continue to normalize. It sounds like he will be just fine! Is he still
eating a lot too?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

That does happen. Sometimes they don't pass urates just fluids/water so that is no problem at
all. Hopefully his urates will continue to normalize. It sounds like he will be just fine! Is he still
eating a lot too?

Tracie
Yes. He actually wanted greens with out butternut squash today. So, I think he is doing better. There are heated. I can’t see how formed everything is because he keeps smushing it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great, if he is wanting his greens & squash, it sounds like he is doing much better.
Give him some time, but he should get back to normal pretty soon.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
If that is the bottom of your tank I recommend you get rid of the screen he's going to get his nails caught in it
That is not he bottom of the tank. I took the picture from an angle. He has a mesh top. His has a mat for his substrate. That why his nails wouldn’t get caught in carpet.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

Let us know how he is doing. I hope he continues to improve for you. Feel free to post more
pictures when you would like.

Tracie
Yesterday he had a big urate, but only a little poop. Then, 2 more poops that were urate. Today, he didn’t want plain greens again. But, he did want them with squash. I’m hoping he will have some later. Can’t find a poop yet.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Yesterday he had a big urate, but only a little poop. Then, 2 more poops that were urate. Today, he didn’t want plain greens again. But, he did want them with squash. I’m hoping he will have some later. Can’t find a poop yet.
All of a sudden today he looks tired and he keeps opening and closing his eyes. He dropped them and put them back up a couple of times. He suddenly stopped pooping even though he had diarrhea for the past two weeks. He doesn’t want greens. He has wanted a couple of crickets.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
All of a sudden today he looks tired and he keeps opening and closing his eyes. He dropped them and put them back up a couple of times. He suddenly stopped pooping even though he had diarrhea for the past two weeks. He doesn’t want greens. He has wanted a couple of crickets.
I took him to the vet. The vet said it is probably from all of the laxatives and diarrhea and constipation. Said to give him till Monday to see if he gets better. His eyes looked sunken. Doctor said he could be depressed from all the things going on to his stomach

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
C41C07A7-F733-48FE-A866-D0864AD75395.jpeg

This is him today. He is not feeling good.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I took him to the vet. The vet said it is probably from all of the laxatives and diarrhea and constipation. Said to give him till Monday to see if he gets better. His eyes looked sunken. Doctor said he could be depressed from all the things going on to his stomach
sunken eyes are either a sign of dehydration, vitamin related problems, or genetics. Depression won’t cause droopy eyes.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
The first three photos are from today. At certain angles his eyes look like the third picture. The fourth photo is from a little while ago. Do his eyes look sunken?

Attachments

• 4392FA9B-1B22-4E52-8E31-7E03A0FFD33F.jpeg
    4392FA9B-1B22-4E52-8E31-7E03A0FFD33F.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 32
  • E291970F-821C-4FEA-ADE2-707EF2A5933B.jpeg
    E291970F-821C-4FEA-ADE2-707EF2A5933B.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 31
  • 436C324E-36A9-4234-A412-BB4130B5A479.jpeg
    436C324E-36A9-4234-A412-BB4130B5A479.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 35
  • C5D50AD3-93C4-409B-843D-3692211C0FB8.jpeg
    C5D50AD3-93C4-409B-843D-3692211C0FB8.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 31

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
This was his poop today. He didn’t run around as much to have it like he normally does. Does it look ok?

Attachments

• 4ABB74D1-A492-414B-A77C-B80D9DC4012D.jpeg
    4ABB74D1-A492-414B-A77C-B80D9DC4012D.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 33

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That stool looks pretty normal, yes. I do agree that they can be tired or sluggish if they have been
through an ordeal involving stomach distress. It may take him a little bit of time to get back to normal.
I don't think that his eyes look sunken per say, no. Were the urates pictured above, hard or somewhat
soft?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom