Off white urate

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
My bearded dragon has a bit of an off white urate. It is like a light cream color. Is this normal. His poop is also diarrhea, but the vet thinks that is from the laxatives he was having since he was just constipated. When I clean the poop, the extra liquid stains the paper towel light yellow. Is this a normal colored urate?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
This is the poop.

Attachments

• 57228F16-E46B-458F-A88B-9E5EF91F4B8C.jpeg
    57228F16-E46B-458F-A88B-9E5EF91F4B8C.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 55

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
My bearded dragon has a bit of an off white urate. It is like a light cream color. Is this normal. His poop is also diarrhea, but the vet thinks that is from the laxatives he was having since he was just constipated. When I clean the poop, the extra liquid stains the paper towel light yellow. Is this a normal colored urate?
What kind of laxatives? Are you feeding anything with high water content: Squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, or horn worms?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Yes. Squash purée because ever since the ennema he had been picky with his food and it helps him eat. But I’m trying to get him off of it. He had laxalose, an ennema, and metoclopamide
Please please don’t let the vets give him anymore ennema, it’s been known to cause some issues. But this is probably from him taking so many laxatives

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Yes, I agree, try using some sweet potato or squash, or even sugar free applesauce is always
helpful, too.
Supplements can also cause some discoloration too.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Yes, I agree, try using some sweet potato or squash, or even sugar free applesauce is always
helpful, too.
Supplements can also cause some discoloration too.

Tracie
Hello, his poop was much better yesterday. The colors were good. Today, his poop was in his food bowl. He ran all over it and smushed it. So, I don’t know how that one looked. He is still having diarrhea. The poops have been looking more formed, but with water around them still. He also has been going twice a day. I still need to take him off of the squash though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is an improvement then! So he made a mess, that is common! If his stools are still too watery,
you can definitely try reducing the squash to see if that helps out for him. He is well hydrated if there
is water around or with his stools.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

That is an improvement then! So he made a mess, that is common! If his stools are still too watery,
you can definitely try reducing the squash to see if that helps out for him. He is well hydrated if there
is water around or with his stools.

Tracie
Ok. Thank you. Today he had no water with his stool. But, I didn’t see it when he first went so it might have. Also, he had no urate this time. However, he went 4 times yesterday. And, 3 of the 4 times were just very small urate a. Maybe he ran out? The poop was smaller. It was squishy though and we’ll formed.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom