Beardie poop has pink dots

Peppuhboy

Beardie name(s)
Pepper (Read: Peppuh)
D6FF7AF3-5D06-4307-A96F-53DBB0F638C3.jpeg

Peppuh had slight pink on his urate so we brought him to vet. They mentioned that he needs to be dewormed so Peppuh was dewormed. But his urate still had pinkish color through out the week. We sent more photos to the vet and they said to wait it out.

2 weeks later, this is how i found peppuh’s poop to look like. It is very worrying cos it looks progressively red-er and it even has pink redish spots.

We are not sure on what to do and is this really bad? Do we wait out or go to the vet again?

would need advice or help from anyone who has experienced this before. Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

That's not blood.

What does his daily diet look like?
Are you dusting with calcium powder or multivitamin powder? How often?
What bugs is he eating, and what are you gutloading the bugs with?

-Brandon

Peppuhboy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He eats 5-6 dubia roaches daily & his greens daily too.

The roaches are dusted with calcium powder.

Not sure what gutloading is. Could you share more? :)

Thank u so muchh!!

Peppuhboy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Everyday? Calcium + vitamins or just calcium?

Gutloading is what you feed your insects prior to feeding the insects to your dragon, in an effort to make the bugs more "nutritious".
Basically, what do you feed your insects, if you do.

-Brandon
Everyday calcium + d3

I only feed my roaches with oatmeal as it comes with that when i buy them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Everyday calcium + d3
That is most likely going to be your problem.

Over-supplementation often causes that color in the urates. Cut back to calcium only 3x a week and see if the urate clears up. Might take a week or so to see a change. Make sure your dragon is staying well hydrated too.

Sometimes specific foods being fed to feeder insects can discolor the urate like that too, which is why I asked.

-Brandon

Peppuhboy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
That is most likely going to be your problem.

Over-supplementation often causes that color in the urates. Cut back to calcium only 3x a week and see if the urate clears up. Might take a week or so to see a change. Make sure your dragon is staying well hydrated too.

Sometimes specific foods being fed to feeder insects can discolor the urate like that too, which is why I asked.

-Brandon
I see! Alright thank you so much! Will try this out and will update this thread for any new findings!

Hopefully he is going to be okay :)

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom