Swollen legs , sometimes has spasms

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Ok so those wax worms should be fed sparingly long term use will cause liver issues -- staple feeders insects are dubia roaches --- crickets-- silk worms-- BSFL -- treat worms are meal worms those should not be fed to babies the exo skeleton is too harsh on the intestines - horn worms - super worms --
Dont know what happened here yesterday he ate 3 of those wax moths, just got home from work to find out this , looks like he pooped out 2 full wax moths
Today im getting small dubias and zoofobus worms like you said and on tuesday new lamps will arrive

Attachments

• 20240427_122459.jpg
    20240427_122459.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240427_122447.jpg
    20240427_122447.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240427_122443.jpg
    20240427_122443.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 22

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dont know what happened here yesterday he ate 3 of those wax moths, just got home from work to find out this , looks like he pooped out 2 full wax moths
Today im getting small dubias and zoofobus worms like you said and on tuesday new lamps will arrive
Looks like his surface basking temps might not be on par-- you need those digital probes to tell you - this is what happens when digestion is not fully up to the temps needing to be -- zoofobus worms are super worms? those are another treat worm - not a staple -- the dubias will be good for your staple-- dust them w/ the calcium D3 -- are your digital probes coming as well ?

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Looks like his surface basking temps might not be on par-- you need those digital probes to tell you - this is what happens when digestion is not fully up to the temps needing to be -- zoofobus worms are super worms? those are another treat worm - not a staple -- the dubias will be good for your staple-- dust them w/ the calcium D3 -- are your digital probes coming as well ?
Ill try to find it today tomorrow at some shops because order time would be atleast 2 weeks
Lamps coming on tuesday so i will try to get them before lamps
He ate 4/5 dubias as i just got them , not interested in more , im not sure if he acts right , when i put in food the first on he runs for it and after the first one if its not close to him or its not moving he doesnt pay attention to it , even if its walking over his legs he sometimes tries to aim for it but if they walk away hes not trying to catch them , but its not always , sometimes he runs all across the terrarium to get the food.

Attachments

• 17142300306251093676591631360181.jpg
    17142300306251093676591631360181.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 19

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ill try to find it today tomorrow at some shops because order time would be atleast 2 weeks
Lamps coming on tuesday so i will try to get them before lamps
He ate 4/5 dubias as i just got them , not interested in more , im not sure if he acts right , when i put in food the first on he runs for it and after the first one if its not close to him or its not moving he doesnt pay attention to it , even if its walking over his legs he sometimes tries to aim for it but if they walk away hes not trying to catch them , but its not always , sometimes he runs all across the terrarium to get the food.
You dont want him eating off the sand --- eating it will impact him - either take it out and use paper towels or put him in a container w/ nothing in it but the insects

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
You dont want him eating off the sand --- eating it will impact him - either take it out and use paper towels or put him in a container w/ nothing in it but the insects
Yeah tried today to do it , i put some dubias in a container and put the beardie in it to eat

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Whats the best time to feed him ? His light time is from 6 am to 6 pm and im not home from 7am to 5 pm

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I completely agree with KarrieRee, undigested food is a result of insufficient temperature in the basking area. In one of your first messages you wrote that your temperature on the stone is 30C. This is not enough. For small dragons, it is recommended to set the temperature to 100-105F, which is 37.7-40.5C. You need to strive for these levels. As a result of all this, you can observe that your dragon gapes while in the basking zone. Don't worry about raising the temperature a degree or two above normal, the dragon will leave the basking area if it gets too hot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Whats the best time to feed him ? His light time is from 6 am to 6 pm and im not home from 7am to 5 pm
He should be fed in the morning -and 2-3 times per day - I would feed him right before you leave for work - leave him a salad w/ small dubias in the bowl one like this they work great for small dubias and salad they cant get out Amazon.com
salad once a day and insects 2-3 times - he should be eating 10-15 dubias at a time - as he gets bigger the size of the insect will get bigger as well -- rule of thumb for insects no bigger than the space between his eyes --

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
He should be fed in the morning -and 2-3 times per day - I would feed him right before you leave for work - leave him a salad w/ small dubias in the bowl one like this they work great for small dubias and salad they cant get out Amazon.com
salad once a day and insects 2-3 times - he should be eating 10-15 dubias at a time - as he gets bigger the size of the insect will get bigger as well -- rule of thumb for insects no bigger than the space between his eyes --

My wife today made such bowl from clay today so yeah so tomorrow it will be done i think , okay this schedule is nice

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Got the new lamps today , measured the temp on the stone is 37/38 but in few days i should get the probe thermometer for more accurate meassurments , i think he likes it , he would never stand up like this to the lamp and open mouth 😀
Today i saw he started sheding , dont know if i should do something to help him or not

Attachments

• 20240430_165601.jpg
    20240430_165601.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240430_165552.jpg
    20240430_165552.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240430_165051.jpg
    20240430_165051.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240430_165044.jpg
    20240430_165044.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 16

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Got the new lamps today , measured the temp on the stone is 37/38 but in few days i should get the probe thermometer for more accurate meassurments , i think he likes it , he would never stand up like this to the lamp and open mouth 😀
Today i saw he started sheding , dont know if i should do something to help him or not
Is that a glass table top? If so you need to get the UVB unobstructed meaning it cant sit on the glass - its filtering the UVB rays - you want it directly over him w/ a distance of 12-15 inches - the open mouth that hes doing is called gaping its a good thing means hes adjusting his body temp -- you can slide the glass to one end and place the UVB perpendicular or width wise over his basking rock so hes getting both UVB and heat

Skyfall350

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Is that a glass table top? If so you need to get the UVB unobstructed meaning it cant sit on the glass - its filtering the UVB rays - you want it directly over him w/ a distance of 12-15 inches - the open mouth that hes doing is called gaping its a good thing means hes adjusting his body temp -- you can slide the glass to one end and place the UVB perpendicular or width wise over his basking rock so hes getting both UVB and heat

There is no terrarium top at all , the uvb lamp gets to his rock , i cant put it over him because the distance gonna be too small

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom