Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I think it's funny when my hissers hiss at my wife when she goes near them....... They also hiss when the New England Patriots lose a game, but I haven't heard that hiss in some time.

Wow!what a nice duiba post! Just finished reading all pages.
I wanna to order 1000 pair audlt dubia , but can i put them into a 50CM X 40 CM X 30 CM plastic Tank (with around 8 piece of Egg Crate) ?

Currently i have around 3000 dubia (different size and 300 pair of audlt)inside the old tank,
so Do i need to buy another tank for these pair?

I have around 20 Bearded Dragon atm, how many dubia (for breeding) should i buy to maintain a rotation to feed them without order feeder again?
And how many month should i wait? until my colony sustaining?

Thanks you!

Shari

I have read all 43 pages. Thank you for the very informative post. I was about to start a Lobster colony, but this thread has convinced me otherwise.
I had a colony of Lobster Roaches several years ago. I had escapees that lived and bred in my basement for MONTHS, as long as the reptile room was warm, they continued to breed. (They were never seen outside of the warm reptile room, but the thought of it scared me into getting rid of them and most of my reptiles for a season). I really liked the Lobsters, except for the climbing glass and escaping part!

Will the Dubia breed as fast as the Lobsters? Is there a danger of over feeding Dubia (fear of impaction from the hard exoskeleton)?

Thanks
~Shari

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Shari":1ub5t7b7 said:
I have read all 43 pages. Thank you for the very informative post. I was about to start a Lobster colony, but this thread has convinced me otherwise.
I had a colony of Lobster Roaches several years ago. I had escapees that lived and bred in my basement for MONTHS, as long as the reptile room was warm, they continued to breed. (They were never seen outside of the warm reptile room, but the thought of it scared me into getting rid of them and most of my reptiles for a season). I really liked the Lobsters, except for the climbing glass and escaping part!

Will the Dubia breed as fast as the Lobsters? Is there a danger of over feeding Dubia (fear of impaction from the hard exoskeleton)?

Thanks
~Shari

They will not breed as fast but are a better roach and higher in protein. The exoskeleton is not that bad. Just remember the rule of thumb nothing much bigger then the space between the eye. Hope this helps.. :wink:

dedc369

Hatchling Member
hammerhead":31z7z5kd said:
I think it's funny when my hissers hiss at my wife when she goes near them....... They also hiss when the New England Patriots lose a game, but I haven't heard that hiss in some time.
well we both know that the jets are going to win

dedc369

Hatchling Member
I've read this post and decided it was way long but non the less i have decided to breed these roaches but the problem with them is my parents hear the word roach and think "They'll infest my house, or give me desises they sickness" they don't understand. I need help convincing them!!!!! Any Ideas that would convince them would be loved!!!!! also if someone could some up the info here is what I've got.

85-90 degrees F.
50-55% Humidity
Put this heat p adhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FGDDI0/ref=oss_product
Need screen in top
30 gallon rubber maid for colony over 1000 (dark colored no light)
egg crates free at super markets
water crystals (dry from roach guy OR HOME DEPOT)
need roach chow recipe from some people how much of each
about 3 female to 1 male ratio
tape at top not sure witch kind though
good thermometer with probe
oranges once a week veggies the rest
NO MOLD
females make about 30 babies every other month

Is all this correct is there anything i need to add? and need roach chow recipe and were to buy for cheap and good service

dedc369

Hatchling Member
dedc369":22h5ny4k said:
hammerhead":22h5ny4k said:
well we both know that the jets are going to win
you here those hisseres yesterday when da jets ate the patriots :mrgreen: :lol:

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Seriously, another bump? This thread is 50% bumps! No questions needs to be answered, so why ANOTHER bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom