Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

Id say good deal. I should be getting 300 mixed medium for 40$ on Tuesday, as long as HONDA ships them today, lol. So after that, I should have about 400ish. Pretty excited.

Went to PetSmart yesterday and got some kitten/puppy chow, then it was off to Target for cheap blender and Oranges. Chopped up about three cups of food and threw some oranges in there. I think they are doing good.

What size tote should I use if I am going to have about 400 meduim with about 75 male/female?? Go big or go home??

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
thanks iv gotten the temps up to 95 and when i put oranges in they got swarmed. i cant belive how many there are! i picked up an egg crate and it was soo heavy my babies are going to be so happy

Megatron

Kind of a dork. Totally got excited yesterday that 36 gallon totes were on sale for 10$, got two, and now Im ready to start my colony.

Should be getting 300 Dubia in the mail today and I am pretty damn excited. Putting their tote together tonight and let the growing/breeding begin!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
im thinking i might have to sell some off i put 4 oranges in the day before and they have been picked compleatly clean

hammerhead

Juvie Member
011-3.jpg

" Maybe I'll have my own long thread someday if all it takes is an egg sack hanging out of someones behind to start it"

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I thought you'd like that Lance. This thread is just rolling along.
Does anyone else have dubias that get all bloated and die like I do. I only happens once or twice a week and only to one or two in the bin.
Just wondering if anyone else sees this or knows why.

hammerhead":3b3a2hu2 said:
I thought you'd like that Lance. This thread is just rolling along.
Does anyone else have dubias that get all bloated and die like I do. I only happens once or twice a week and only to one or two in the bin.
Just wondering if anyone else sees this or knows why.

I just had about 20 die...probably my fault. I had not checked them in a couple days and when I did there were about 8 dead the first day and a couple died every day for about 5 days there after. I needed to cycle the air in the room and failed to do so for a couple of days so my fault.

However, the dubia are reproducing but at an extremely very slow rate (20-30 babies every 5 weeks with 45 adult females) and my discoids all keep losing their ootheca's. I keep thinking it is a humidity problem but the humidity is around 45% so who knows....I will figure it out eventually. I added more holes to the dubia bin and going to do the same for the discoids this weekend. I cant find my glue stick....I have about 50 laying around in a package somewhere...You wouldn't know where I put it would you? LOL On the other hand my turkistan (blatta latteris) are growing crazy. I have around 5K of thos and started with 1K about 6 weeks ago.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
it's been a little while since anyone's posted here, so i thought i'd post up a couple of recent pictures of my roaches. these are both "firsts" for me, lol.

this was the first time i saw babies huddle around their mother.

IMG_4858.jpg

and this was the first time i saw them mating. the funny thing about this one is that they were trying to find cover from the light, but the female kept dragging the male around while he helplessly flapped his wings, lol.

IMG_4904.jpg

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I just finished counting my adults. I started with 3 adults (2 females and 1 male) two months ago, now I have. . . 90! 53 females and 37 males.

And I found a fully intact molting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom