Occasional Baked Good?

Shard

Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
HEAR ME OUT I'm not literally feeding her chocolate cake or anything :LOL:

But would it be safe to bake a little treat once every 1-2 weeks with beardie-safe ingredients? (no flour, no dairy, etc)

The only thing I've thought of so far is a mini carrot cake though, I tried it out this morning
(carrot & pumpkin with a bit of egg white to keep it together, cooked in one of those nonstick candy molds. no butter/spray!)

1702931172770.jpg

I'm not sure why I have such an urge to make ridiculous dishes for her (like the time she turned up her nose at spaghetti squash with pureed strawberry...I thought it was clever! 😔) but I should probably figure out the limit before things get out of hand :LOL:

I'd like to make better salads for her day to day but that might have to wait until I can get a job :unsure: My mom is starting to call her "expensive" (well she IS an exotic animal) and I'm not sure how I can justify getting all sorts of greens and veggies for her if I'm not paying myself (mom's only been getting escarole and lettuce, and I refuse to use the lettuce after the mess than happened last time...ma just because it's a different lettuce doesn't make it not lettuce!!!)

Regardless, are little treats like these okay to keep making? Any suggestions for stabilizers other than egg? (I avoid the yolk due to the fat but whites still have a LOT of protein...)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
While they don't need this in their diet, I don't think an occasional treat like this would cause a problem, especially with the ingredients mentioned. I certainly understand the desire to give them some nice little things like this. One thing that might be worth a try is a sweet potato. I've baked these and then taken pieces and rolled them into worm shapes and offered them once they've cooled. A sweet treat, but not overly so. My guys have liked that in the past.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I would only give them to my Hazel only on certain occasions like her birthday or something.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Hmmm I offer Alex nice fruit and mint salads, but have not taken it this far yet lol Good idea, now I have more things to think about lol Strawberry flowers with soldier fly whipped "cream"? lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom