Here is a picture of a female dubia laying an egg sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I just peeked in my colony and I saw sooooo many babies!!!! They are so easy, I should have tried this from the beginning.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
ziggy23":2mdxzkm4 said:
I just peeked in my colony and I saw sooooo many babies!!!! They are so easy, I should have tried this from the beginning.
i know how you feel. i wish i would have gotten started earlier. could have saved soooo much money.

Megatron

I just started my colony a few days ago, got about 100 total with a ton of female to males. Letting them breed for a bit before I start to separate them. How long should I wait, a few months??

If I need to order more from online, where is a good place to get them from. I feel I shorted myself on the breeding pair. I got some from the Tinley Park Show in Illinois for 20$, about a pint or so of mixed sizes but some big males/females.

Any advice is welcome.

-PB-

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
You dont need to seperate them at all. If you get to many males you can feed them off or sell them. If you look around their are plenty or breeders around to get them at. Hope this helps.. :D

Megatron

It does help. Thanks. I was also wondering, I have a thread on here too, just started, but seems like this is the place to be...What do you guys feed yours? I am planning on veggies/greens and some fruit here and there. Also heard of plain bran cereal, like Cheerios.. How does that sound?? I dont want to kill off my growing colony so the more (expert) advice I get the better..

-PB-

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Sounds good. I make my own chow. Try not to use anything high in calcium as it is not good for the roaches digestive track. Twice a week I slice oranges up and put them in their and the other days I use greens. All being organic of course. You can also use baby cereal etc. :wink:

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i just got a new shippment of dubias. i didnt get any adults because we are going to a show tomarrow and i found somone online selling some. i hate getting them out of those stupid boxes

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Just open the box over the bin and keep the sticky part up once you open the box just bang it on the side of the bin. :wink:

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
thats a good idea i ended up with a few crawling on my hand. it took everything i had not to scream and shake my hand :roll:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:laughing6: Forgot to tell you about that part. Well look at it this way now you got the fear out and over. :wink:

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i found this amazing deal on craigslist. $60 for a compleat colony that i should have spent $200 on
028-13.jpg

032-14.jpg

033-9.jpg

034-12.jpg

035-9.jpg

036-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom