HELP HELP HELP Breathing through mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarajasE

Original Poster
Yes his head is lower and he does have a light that he uses for night. About like 2 minutes ago he open his mouth a littl emore and it look like he was trying to push something out.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So you saw his tongue trying to push something out of his mouth? Make sure his head is low enough to help it to exit his mouth.

Is it a blue light that you use at night? It is a good idea to keep him warm but make sure the bulb isn't right over him and also not shining in his face because you want him to be able to get some rest. The blue lights can prevent them from sleeping good. You want him warm but not over heated.

BarajasE

Original Poster
Not his tongue but it looked like he was trying too. Should I let him sleep now even though its a little earlier than his normal sleep time?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he seems uncomfortable and is trying to get something out of his mouth, it might be a good idea to take him out and point his head down to see if he needs to expel something.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just try once to see if anything comes out, just kinda slant him downward a little while holding him. If he seems stressed by it, then just bring him slowly upright again. Then you can wipe the mouth off to see if anything was expelled.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, then either hold him or put him back in his tank in the same propped up position. Did you see any liquid or anything on the outside of his mouth or beard at all? How is his breathing? Did he react to you doing that?

BarajasE

Original Poster
no, no liquid. its kind of hard to see him breathe and his beard became darker when the tilting and further attemps to expell or w/e he was doing

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would just lay him down in the same position then and let him rest. I have to get to bed because it's after 11:00 here. I hope you have some good news to share tomorrow. Will be thinking about you, your family and your beardie. Make him nice & comfy and keep his head lower. Also, remember what I mentioned about the light for tonight. Good luck.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please keep us posted on him. I hope that he is comfortable for the night. I will be thinking about you two & hoping he pulls through for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom