HELP HELP HELP Breathing through mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarajasE

Original Poster
Yes we had to force feed him. It seemed like he was swallowing it normally. We'd put a little in the side of his mouth and we seem him swallow it without opening his mouth. Occasionally he'd swallow it and open his mouth and use his tongue.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have to admit that he does look like he is uncomfortable. Would probably be a good idea to put something under his chest so that if he has anything in his mouth or throat, it would help it drain out to prevent choking. You want his head lower than the rest of him, do you agree Tracie?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes putting something underneath his chest would be a good idea so his head a little lower than the rest of his body. Poor thing.

Tracie

BarajasE

Original Poster
My mom says she notices that his mouth looks kind of dry. Should we try to give him a little water?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think there is much more you can do for him tonight. If it would make you feel better, you can try to give him a small amt of water. Make sure that tonight, his head is lower than the rest of his body in case there is anything that needs to drain out to prevent choking.

BarajasE

Original Poster
Well thank you very much. I'm just very worried about losing him.... I was already worried when his eyes swelled up do to his over heating but everything had seemed to be going very well. He was eating a little and his swelling was going down. But then all fo the sudden this gets thrown into it all out of nowhere and worrying me even more.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know you're very worried, it is very scary when something happens and we don't know the exact cause. Is it warmer in the house today than it was before? I'm asking because it was in the 90's here today. Were you able to find a probe thermometer to double check the temps?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sorry, I just read your last post. He may very well have renal failure. Hold him close and rub his back to try to comfort him. How is his breathing?

BarajasE

Original Poster
No I could not find another thermometer and it was just a teeny bit warmer in the house. He is currently on the sock(which is proping up his body) right now and it is hard to see him breathing but when I do it seems kind of normal.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, his head is lower than his body then? If so, that's good. Good also that his breathing seems normal. Just let him rest. If you feel the light is keeping him awake, you might want to turn it off. Do you use any type of heating at night in his tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom