Concerns regarding his breathing

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
So, Swordtail has been breathing oddly and sneezing a bit lately and I chalked it up to something like allergies at first because it started when it began to get cold but it has gotten a bit worse. Is there a possibility that he has a respiratory problem? There are no vets that take beardies in my area so is there a chance I could help him get over it on his own?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It is possible that he has an R.I. Can you post a short video ? It does sound like it from your description. Tracie might have helpful suggestions and she does sell antibiotics on her website so you can tag her . In the mean time see if you can find a vet, even if they are out of your immediate area.

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
It is possible that he has an R.I. Can you post a short video ? It does sound like it from your description. Tracie might have helpful suggestions and she does sell antibiotics on her website so you can tag her . In the mean time see if you can find a vet, even if they are out of your immediate area.
He stopped sneezing so this was all I could get

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that he's eating + active ! I checked Drache's [ Tracie's] website and I was wrong, she sells probiotics but not antibiotics, sorry for the mistake. All you can do is keep the enclosure a little warmer at night, around 82F and hopefully he can beat this. Still, call all the vets that you can and see if they'll dispense some Baytril [ enrofloxacin ] for you and Tracie can help you with the dosing. That's all I can think of. Best wishes to you + Swordtail !

Lyrebird.Rainwing

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Swordtail
That's good that he's eating + active ! I checked Drache's [ Tracie's] website and I was wrong, she sells probiotics but not antibiotics, sorry for the mistake. All you can do is keep the enclosure a little warmer at night, around 82F and hopefully he can beat this. Still, call all the vets that you can and see if they'll dispense some Baytril [ enrofloxacin ] for you and Tracie can help you with the dosing. That's all I can think of. Best wishes to you + Swordtail !
How should I go about making it warmer at night? I already have a heat lamp in his enclosure that heats him during the night but how do I make it warmer?

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom