Help!!! Please, just got Rayven

jwinslow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rayven
He looks to be in rough shape- he needs uvb as soon as possible- what are you planning to get? Do you have a pet Smart ?
i do, i have one close to where i work..like i said i wont be able to get one til friday though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless him. I hope you are able to get him healthy. How is his appetite doing right now?
As Karrie mentioned, the UVB & lighting are crucial. The T5 high output tube bulbs are
very good & emit great quality UVB too.

Keep us posted on his progress.
Tracie

Carol123

Beardie name(s)
Rexy and Dum Dum
at the moment i dont have anything for uvb, im having to wait til friday to get him one...here is him out with me...
Have you tried Amazon they adore so inexpensive there. That’s where I get all my basking lightls. PetSmart sells the UVB for about $36 for the linear bulb. the whole kit is about $76.

jwinslow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rayven
ok Thanks!!!
Hey Guys! Just wanted to give a small update on rayven <3 He is doing awesome! I weighed him a couple days ago and he was at 280grams! I know that doesn't seem a whole lot and i know that he is under weight as the standard weight for beardies are 400 to 550 grams. Also hes loving that he can soak in his water now. He is also eating the dubai roaches! I am soooo happy! I do take him places with me so that he can get accustomed to me handling him. His favorite place is when he and I go to the laundrymat on the weekend. The only question i have is how to tell his age since part of his tail is missing (permanent stump) and from what I understand it can also tell me roughly what his age is as well (may be mistakened). here is a picture of him laid out on my bed. I know yall are going to wonder why i haven't gotten a UVB lamp yet and no exuses here, the money I was hoping to get Friday never came and tomorrow I will be going to the pet store to get him a UVB lamp.

Attachments

• PXL_20240117_022628910.jpg
    PXL_20240117_022628910.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20240114_055555308~2.jpg
    PXL_20240114_055555308~2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 30

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Guys! Just wanted to give a small update on rayven <3 He is doing awesome! I weighed him a couple days ago and he was at 280grams! I know that doesn't seem a whole lot and i know that he is under weight as the standard weight for beardies are 400 to 550 grams. Also hes loving that he can soak in his water now. He is also eating the dubai roaches! I am soooo happy! I do take him places with me so that he can get accustomed to me handling him. His favorite place is when he and I go to the laundrymat on the weekend. The only question i have is how to tell his age since part of his tail is missing (permanent stump) and from what I understand it can also tell me roughly what his age is as well (may be mistakened). here is a picture of him laid out on my bed. I know yall are going to wonder why i haven't gotten a UVB lamp yet and no exuses here, the money I was hoping to get Friday never came and tomorrow I will be going to the pet store to get him a UVB lamp.
Please post back on here when you get the uvb- you want a zoo med reptisun 10.0 T 5 --- or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% 24 watt - sold at PetSmart

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is his appetite doing, is he starting to eat better
for you now?
Be sure he is getting adequate heating, etc for optimal
health & digestion.
You will be getting a UVB light this Friday? As Karrie
suggested, please purchase one of the mentioned UVB
lights for the best UVB exposure.

Tracie

jwinslow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rayven
Hello,

How is his appetite doing, is he starting to eat better
for you now?
Be sure he is getting adequate heating, etc for optimal
health & digestion.
You will be getting a UVB light this Friday? As Karrie
suggested, please purchase one of the mentioned UVB
lights for the best UVB exposure.

Tracie
Tracie, hes doing better :) i finally got him a uvb lamp :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240118_041956420.jpg
    PXL_20240118_041956420.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 31

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific news to hear he is doing a lot better
now. The Reptisun 10 tube is a great bulb so he
should improve a lot now.

Tracie

jwinslow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rayven
i have it on top of his tank, the lid is a fine mesh so i have it somewhat centered. he seemed to be more active this morning before i left for work.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i have it on top of his tank, the lid is a fine mesh so i have it somewhat centered. he seemed to be more active this morning before i left for work.
Screens block 30% of the rays please unobstruct the uvb - it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how the lighting placement goes, it is very important. I hope he is doing well!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom