Help!!! Please, just got Rayven

jwinslow

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rayven
Hey everyone!!! Sorry i have been behind on posting updates on Rayven but i have some good news and some bad news and some pictures to share. Before i share my pictures please do not ask me to make any modifications to his tank. So the good news is, is that he now has a bigger home (40 gallon reptile tank), he loves his new home. Bad news is that i took him to the vet this past friday and i was told he is sicker than we anticipated. he has possible pneumonia or chronic lung damage (couldnt really tell on xrays) he is being hand fed with a critical care powder mix and given a antibiotic once a day for three weeks. he is starting to have a personality i havent seen before, he loves to "zoom" around in his tank, his beard is starting to turn really black (lets me know hes not happy with me), enjoying his soakings and feels a little heavier now than before. Before i forget, the way i have his lighting setup is correct per the vets recommendation.

Attachments

• PXL_20240403_164906979.jpg
    PXL_20240403_164906979.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240413_134246382.jpg
    PXL_20240413_134246382.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 20

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone!!! Sorry i have been behind on posting updates on Rayven but i have some good news and some bad news and some pictures to share. Before i share my pictures please do not ask me to make any modifications to his tank. So the good news is, is that he now has a bigger home (40 gallon reptile tank), he loves his new home. Bad news is that i took him to the vet this past friday and i was told he is sicker than we anticipated. he has possible pneumonia or chronic lung damage (couldnt really tell on xrays) he is being hand fed with a critical care powder mix and given a antibiotic once a day for three weeks. he is starting to have a personality i havent seen before, he loves to "zoom" around in his tank, his beard is starting to turn really black (lets me know hes not happy with me), enjoying his soakings and feels a little heavier now than before. Before i forget, the way i have his lighting setup is correct per the vets recommendation.
If the screen on the tank is a fine mesh please either take the screen off or put the uvb inside the tank - for a T 5 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - the screen blocks approx 30% of the uvb rays

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing, he looks very alert there.
The tube bulb is placed correctly overhead, alongside of the basking light. As Karrie suggested, be sure it is
the correct distance so he will receive adequate UVB.

Tracie

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Sorry to hear he is sicker than originally thought but it's nice to hear he is making progress anyway!
I'm so hoping for this little guy to become healthy soon. Keep us posted!
Also kudos to you for taking good care of him and taking him to the vet and all that! He'll sure be glad you took him in and they pay you back so much after they get to know you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know how he is doing. I hope that he improves quickly for you.
Be sure to keep him a little warmer overnight, to help with boosting his immune system.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom