Heavy breathing?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, does anyone think my bearded dragon is heavy breathing. He has not been feeling good, but I already know the reason for that. I don’t know if him not feeling good would cause heavy breathing. Or does he also have a respiratory infection or something else? When I went to the vet, he said there was not snot in his nose. The video is a little blurry l. I can try to get a better one. They’re from both his sides. Also, sorry for posting so much. And thank you!

Solution
Hello, does anyone think my bearded dragon is heavy breathing. He has not been feeling good, but I already know the reason for that. I don’t know if him not feeling good would cause heavy breathing. Or does he also have a respiratory infection or something else? When I went to the vet, he said there was not snot in his nose. The video is a little blurry l. I can try to get a better one. They’re from both his sides. Also, sorry for posting so much. And thank you!
Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me 👀

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me 👀

Solution

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, his breathing appears to be normal to me also. They can sometimes hold their breath for a
few seconds then inhale & exhale several times.
The vet mentioned him having some mucous in or around his nose? Is he possibly going to shed on
his face or snout area?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

I agree, his breathing appears to be normal to me also. They can sometimes hold their breath for a
few seconds then inhale & exhale several times.
The vet mentioned him having some mucous in or around his nose? Is he possibly going to shed on
his face or snout area?

Tracie
The vet checked for mucus because he is doing weird things with his eyes. He said there was none.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good to hear. Was he by chance, bulging his eyes? They will do that when they are
getting ready to shed their eyes & face area, it stretches out the skin.

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

That is good to hear. Was he by chance, bulging his eyes? They will do that when they are
getting ready to shed their eyes & face area, it stretches out the skin.

Tracie
He did bulge his eyes a couple of times. But, the weird thing was he kept opening and closing them at times. He would drop them and pick them back up. Also, his eyes appeared heavier and more squinted. Less wide eyed. I know he has had purée close to his eyes lately. It annoys him.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
He did bulge his eyes a couple of times. But, the weird thing was he kept opening and closing them at times. He would drop them and pick them back up. Also, his eyes appeared heavier and more squinted. Less wide eyed. I know he has had purée close to his eyes lately. It annoys him.
When I say drop them, his eyeball would go low then he looked like he would fix it by moving his eyelids by stretching them or something along those lines. It lasts really short. I was also afraid of sunken eyes. But, I’m not too sure if he has that. The vet was a little confusing, and he didn’t address it for very long.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that sounds normal, alot of them move their eyes in that
manner, meaning the membrane comes over & back on the eye.
Is he getting ready to shed on his eye or head area?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

Ok, that sounds normal, alot of them move their eyes in that
manner, meaning the membrane comes over & back on the eye.
Is he getting ready to shed on his eye or head area?

Tracie
I don’t think so, but I know there is purée on his mouth that seems to bother him like shedding. I haven’t seen him do it in a while

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If he has some food puree on his mouth, you can try using a warm & moist cloth to try &
wipe it off so it doesn't get infected or start irritating his scales in that area.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom