HELP!! BUMP ON TAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the lump has no discomfort towards him, it feels like normal skin, not hard nor soft like firm

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Might be the bone then. Hard to say for sure without an x-ray. I would just keep an eye on it for now and make sure it doesn't appear to get larger or spread. In the meantime, fine tuning the UVB output is a good idea.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it cant be mbd, only lost calcium for a week, they have acess to calcium and healthy feeders.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update, i have came home..the area of the tail has become very pale like alot brighter then rest of tail, the tail itself is already blurry because im expecting a shed soon, but this i mean its really bright

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep that area looks like it's just more ready to shed so you'll probably see that go first then the rest of the tail. That looks quite normal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it's a good possibility. When they shed, sometimes their skin will swell up (this is quite noticeable on arms/legs and toes/fingers) to help loosen the skin. It goes back down to normal once the shed is done so keep an eye out for it returning to normal when the skin comes off (which may take time and not be all at once).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not necessarily. They often shed in patches and there isn't necessarily and rhythm to it. Sometimes they'll shed just a single finger or even a single scale. Sometimes half of their face will shed. My guy just shed one finger the other day and has been working on an ear shed for almost a month now. It's just how they are and not cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom