PLEASE HELP with bearded dragon tail

ccnmeru

Original Poster
This is her tail as of this morning. She is in full shed right now. Hoping it’s a stuck shed. I’ve been placing the aloe on her tail. Had to go buy an aloe plant.
When we touch her tail at a certain area the tail will move but she can be dead asleep. I wish I could have taken a video. That is what had me worried. Could it be a possible pinched muscle causing it to twitch/move when touched. I don’t think it causes her pain because she won’t wake up if she’s asleep.

Tay1Day

Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Definitely stuck shed! No biggie as long as they shed it off, but it does look restrictive which, if left alone, can necrotize the end of the tail. I use Shed-Ease when my girl used to get stuck shed when I first got her. She had stuck shed likely due to not being given a multivitamin by her previous owner. A proper multivitamin/calcium regimen helps tremendously. A lot of good suggestions here, but keep in mind that they are dry shedders and can typically shed on their own when husbandry is good and they're given the proper supplements. Dry them off fully if you are soaking them to avoid fungal issues, and make sure they have a lot of rough surfaces to rub the shed off on.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Appears to be stuck shed, cutting off the circulation of the lower tail but I’m not too sure…

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
To me it doesn't look near as restricted as in the original pics. Let her shed and repost pics, i would keep up with the aleo until she sheds and see if it gets better. In the original pics it looked just a tiny bit swollen it may take that a few days to go down after the shed if it hasn't already 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It looks like it is starting to come off. Keep up with the aloe, hopefully that will help out. The tails are
so hard to shed off sometimes!
She looks really good overall though! Keep us posted on her shedding.
How is your Aloe plant doing?

Tracie

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Hello,

It looks like it is starting to come off. Keep up with the aloe, hopefully that will help out. The tails are

Tracie
Thank you all for the suggestions and help!! My plant is growing so fast I think I need to replant it in a bigger pot.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, aloe plants tend to grow pretty quickly so I'm glad it's doing well. It will be helpful when you need
it again!

Tracie

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Hello,

Tracie
Can you take a look at the tail now?? It looks a little dark at the end. I’m getting myself worked up again worrying.

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpeg
    IMG_3337.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3336.jpeg
    IMG_3336.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 63

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks fine, might be a very tiny nick at the end but I can't see for sure. Even if so many beardies do fine with a nick.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the tail looks like it should shed off normally, just give it a bit more time! Even if there is a
small little bent it should turn out just fine.

Tracie

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Guys everything has shed off but her tail is the same but looks like it’s getting higher of being hard. Do know if it’s tail rot or not? I just need some guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3486.jpeg
    IMG_3486.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 54

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like various stages of shed, that's really common and lingers with mature dragons. The last inch or so does look a bit of so keep an eye on that. If it gets skinnier + twig like then get to a qualified reptile vet.

ccnmeru

Original Poster
She gets soaked daily and this last shed was very difficult. Normally her sheds are so easy. Thank you. I am calling the vet in the morning to see if I can take her in. I’m just so scared. Still putting the aloe vera on the area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom