PLEASE HELP with bearded dragon tail

ccnmeru

Our baby is a 5 year old female. We just started noticing her tail changing a little bit. I haven’t see anything like it on the web. If someone could please help us out. We are very worried and scared. I can forward pictures since I’m not able to upload pics on here for some reason. Please help!!

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Our baby is a 5 year old female. We just started noticing her tail changing a little bit. I haven’t see anything like it on the web. If someone could please help us out. We are very worried and scared. I can forward pictures since I’m not able to upload pics on here for some reason. Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 95

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hmmm. I have no idea what that is. Please go over Tank Size, Temps, and send a picture. also go through what she eats. What looks like to me is stuck shed but I have no idea

Tracie is our vet tech here so she can maybe help better: @Drache613
there are also one other people who can help but I've never seen anything like that:

@KarrieRee
@AHBD

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It looks restricted to me. Has she shed lately? Maybe try massaging a little coconut oil into it ans seeif it relaxes

ccnmeru

Original Poster
She is in a 40 gallon terrarium. Hot side is about 109 but has never liked to stay in her hot area. It’s been about 3 months since her last shed. She gets a bath everyday with her pooping. That’s where she uses the restroom. It doesn’t hurt hurt when I touch around it or anything. She still does everything she normally does. She is very picking about eating. She eats greens every other day and an egg once a week with not butter or oil just plain scrambled egg (her preference).

ccnmeru

Original Poster
It looks restricted to me. Has she shed lately? Maybe try massaging a little coconut oil into it ans seeif it relaxes
I will post definitely get some coconut oil today!! Thank you for your help!! If there is anything else please let me know…. 🙁🙁

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It will eventually shed off. You can lower her basking temp. by at least 10 degrees , 109 is too high but 93-100 is fine for adults. My guys rarely even like the 100 mark. Spritz her body in the tank 2-3 X a day, applying plain aloe [ make SURE ] there is no added alcohol or other ingredients ] may help. An actual aloe plant is good to have on hand where you can just break little bits off at a time to rub on it. Either way it will come off in time. :)

ccnmeru

Original Poster
OMG thank you sooo much!! I was soooo worried!! She like being out of her terrarium and roaming around when we are home to keep an eye out on what she is doing. She doesn’t like it very much. We are hopefully going to order her the 120 gallon as soon as they are in stock again. The 40 is getting too small for her!! She just likes to be with us so she hits the glass hard (I think) to tell us get me out!! Thanks again!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a nice looking tail! I agree, simply try
using some coconut oil lightly, on her tail to help with moisturizing it. As AHBD said, it should eventually shed off.
Their tails can be a bit stubborn, that is for sure.
I think she will be just fine!

Tracie

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Hello,

That is a nice looking tail! I agree, simply try
using some coconut oil lightly, on her tail to help with moisturizing it. As AHBD said, it should eventually shed off.
Their tails can be a bit stubborn, that is for sure.
I think she will be just fine!

Tracie
Thank you so much for the helpful information! We have been so scared it was something worse like tail rot or something we didn’t see falling off something.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Thank you so much for the helpful information! We have been so scared it was something worse like tail rot or something we didn’t see falling off something.
Haha my beardie has that same problem and I put her the bath and it came off just fine 😂😆

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Hello,

Let us know how things progress with the tail shed!

Tracie
This is her tail as of this morning. She is in full shed right now. Hoping it’s a stuck shed. I’ve been placing the aloe on her tail. Had to go buy an aloe plant.

Attachments

• 71467126020__1A90CA64-9B23-4C1B-A680-D12C049A5A28.jpeg
    71467126020__1A90CA64-9B23-4C1B-A680-D12C049A5A28.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3315.jpeg
    IMG_3315.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3317.jpeg
    IMG_3317.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 72

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom