PLEASE HELP with bearded dragon tail

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Update: X-ray showed her spine looks really good. Due to the shed restricting blood flow our baby will have a partial amputation. Her lab work is being sent to a reptile laboratory to make sure she can withstand the anesthesia. I will know update in 48 hours. On our way home!! Hated she was away from me all day. Prayers needed our way please!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🧎🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpeg
    IMG_3514.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3515.jpeg
    IMG_3515.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3516.jpeg
    IMG_3516.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3517.jpeg
    IMG_3517.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 47

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you know how much will be taken off ? Beardies do very well with that surgery , she should have no problem. I know you're nervous but this should not be a problem and beardie's bounce back quickly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That last pic is absolutely precious 😍
And yes will send prayers her way 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope that the surgery went well! Too bad she had to have some of her tail amputated.
A lot of them end up with partial amputations & are just fine. I hope it heals up quickly!
She looks great in the pictures!
Keep us posted on how things are going.

Tracie

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Hello,

I hope that the surgery went well! Too bad she had to have some of her tail amputated.
A lot of them end up with partial amputations & are just fine. I hope it heals up quickly!
She looks great in the pictures!
Keep us posted on how things are going.

Tracie
Tracie,

First of all thank you!! We should be getting a call today with lab results to make sure she can withstand the anesthesia. As soon as she has surgery I will post and more than likely need help and guidance from my bearded dragon family on here!!

ccnmeru

Original Poster
Update!! Her lab work came back perfect. She can have the surgery. She will have surgery on 10/13… that is the soonest her vet can schedule the surgery. There is only 1 reptile vet close to us. 🙄🙄.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great to hear her labwork came back very good, so there shouldn't be any issues.
The surgery should be pretty routine, too.
Keep us posted on things & how she is doing.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom