Drunk acting

JAMIEHA

My son’s bearded dragon is wobbly and acting drunk. He has lost coordination just since yesterday. He’s not wanting to eat anything. What could be wrong??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My son’s bearded dragon is wobbly and acting drunk. He has lost coordination just since yesterday. He’s not wanting to eat anything. What could be wrong??
Uvb? Brand and bulb? Please NO COILS -- they are a health hazard - surface basking temps? How are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate

JAMIEHA

Original Poster
Uvb? Brand and bulb? Please NO COILS -- they are a health hazard - surface basking temps? How are you taking them? Stick ons are inaccurate
IMG_8305.jpeg

colbertf

Beardie name(s)
ROWAN (Gaelic for Little Red Guy)
Hi @KarrieRee , I had suggested @JAMIEHA check out the forums here and to post about the issue her sons dragons is suddenly showing, after seeing her videos posted in another online group and not really getting much constructive help. Here are links to the 2 videos to show her dragons mobility issues

Last edited:

JAMIEHA

Original Poster
Please look at the bulb in the fixture and tell me if its a T 5 or a T 8 - I am thinking it is a T 5 but I want to be sure - looks like a Zoo Med hood --- how old is the UVB bulb they expiration dates on them as far as the T 5 and T 8 bulb -- basking temps would not effect the mobility issue but the UVB would--
The bulb we have is the t5HO 39W, its brand is reptisun. I’ll ask my son how old the bulbs are.

JAMIEHA

Original Poster
Can you please ask and find out? Have y’all thought about taking the beardie to a vet?
Ok so what he told me isn’t true apparently. He said “he thought it was” I’m SO FRUSTRATED. I’ve been off work with shoulder surgery so money is non existent. PLUS it’s over an hour to an exotic vet. I just don’t want the little guy to suffer.

Attachments

• IMG_8315.jpeg
    IMG_8315.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 36

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Ok so what he told me isn’t true apparently. He said “he thought it was” I’m SO FRUSTRATED. I’ve been off work with shoulder surgery so money is non existent. PLUS it’s over an hour to an exotic vet. I just don’t want the little guy to suffer.
UVB seems good but there’s no telling without knowing how old it is. What is the beardie fed? Can I see a picture of the basking light kinda like you did the uvb? If you have a tape measurer please measure how far away the lights are from the basking platform. Basking bulb should be atleast 6in and the UVB should be atleast 12in. Can you also measure the LxWxH of the tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Need to know how old the uvb is- not over a year- please get the distance of the uvb 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor piece- it's on a wide hole screen - so it can stay on top iam thinking the bulb is expired

JAMIEHA

Original Poster
UVB seems good but there’s no telling without knowing how old it is. What is the beardie fed? Can I see a picture of the basking light kinda like you did the uvb? If you have a tape measurer please measure how far away the lights are from the basking platform. Basking bulb should be atleast 6in and the UVB should be atleast 12in. Can you also measure the LxWxH of the tank?
He is two in April. He eats mustard greens, collard greens, & Dubia. He occasionally gets peppers and hornworms. Basking is 7 inches. Here is a picture of the bulb.

Attachments

• IMG_8320.jpeg
    IMG_8320.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 36

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
He is two in April. He eats mustard greens, collard greens, & Dubia. He occasionally gets peppers and hornworms. Basking is 7 inches. Here is a picture of the bulb.
How is he measuring the heat? I’d recommend to him getting a flukers basking bulb or something halogen but if that bulb works good that’s fine. Basking needs to be 95-100.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How is he measuring the heat? I’d recommend to him getting a flukers basking bulb or something halogen but if that bulb works good that’s fine. Basking needs to be 95-100.
So that is a coil please get rid of it and get a solid clear bright white basking bulb as mentioned above-- you want surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- still need to know how old the UVB bulb is - you can also get exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen- if the uvb bulb is over 11 months please change it out asap

Last edited:

JAMIEHA

Original Poster
He has a thermometer in each side. Temp is a little low. 92
So that is a coil please get rid of it and get a solid clear bright white basking bulb as mentioned above-- you want surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- still need to know how old the UVB bulb is - you can also get exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen- if the uvb bulb is over 11 months please change it out asap
the UVB bulb is like 5-6 months old.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom