Beardie has shaky back legs?

Rue ✩

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Link
image.jpg
Hello!! This is my first post here, I apologize if I’ve done anything wrong.

My adult male bearded dragon, Link, has been acting a lil odd? I want to make sure he’s healthy. The femoral pores on the back of his legs are clogged, I'm aware of how to fix this and have been giving him extra soaks and working on fixing this issue, so it’s not really what concerns me. I was wondering if the clogged pores are the reason he’s a little fidgety? He’s just recently started to ease out of brumation lately and he eats well and isn’t impacted. It’s quite minor but I have noticed his back legs trembling slightly when he walks sometimes.. is he just tired or is it because of the pores? Or is it something serious? Also, his back legs don’t shake when he’s sitting still. I’m not sure if it’s possible to attach videos but I will put pictures of him from today just to be safe. Sorry for putting pictures of your toes online, Link! 😭
8F2F6C7C-9F6E-4849-A433-21114F09C8A1.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 88042 Hello!! This is my first post here, I apologize if I’ve done anything wrong.

My adult male bearded dragon, Link, has been acting a lil odd? I want to make sure he’s healthy. The femoral pores on the back of his legs are clogged, I'm aware of how to fix this and have been giving him extra soaks and working on fixing this issue, so it’s not really what concerns me. I was wondering if the clogged pores are the reason he’s a little fidgety? He’s just recently started to ease out of brumation lately and he eats well and isn’t impacted. It’s quite minor but I have noticed his back legs trembling slightly when he walks sometimes.. is he just tired or is it because of the pores? Or is it something serious? Also, his back legs don’t shake when he’s sitting still. I’m not sure if it’s possible to attach videos but I will put pictures of him from today just to be safe. Sorry for putting pictures of your toes online, Link! 😭 View attachment 88041
What kind of UVB are you using? Coil or a long tube fixture- clogged femoral pores will not cause wobbly shakey walking ---

Rue ✩

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Link
What kind of UVB are you using? Coil or a long tube fixture- clogged femoral pores will not cause wobbly shakey walking ---
I see, thank you. I was using a long tube fixture but unfortunately couldn’t get a replacement when I needed to, so I’ve been using a coil bulb for now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I see, thank you. I was using a long tube fixture but unfortunately couldn’t get a replacement when I needed to, so I’ve been using a coil bulb for now.
What is the long tube bulb you need to replace brand and bulb - please get rid of the coil --- the sooner the better - distance and placement will be determined by the screen on the tank

Rue ✩

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Link
What is the long tube bulb you need to replace brand and bulb - please get rid of the coil --- the sooner the better - distance and placement will be determined by the screen on the tank
The entire fixture for the tube uvb bulb broke so I had to throw it out 😭 but I think the brand was Zilla? I’ll see if they have what I need online since it’s not at my local pet store (I checked earlier today 🥲). Could the UVB light cause my beardies behavior ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The entire fixture for the tube uvb bulb broke so I had to throw it out 😭 but I think the brand was Zilla? I’ll see if they have what I need online since it’s not at my local pet store (I checked earlier today 🥲). Could the UVB light cause my beardies behavior ?
Yes please get one of these UVB's they are what is recommended on this forum
24" for a 40 + gallon tank
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this place went up - this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun above
2 ft fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
please post on here when you get one the placement and distance will be determined by the screen -- the wobbly walking will get worse w/ out proper UVB

Rue ✩

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Link
Yes please get one of these UVB's they are what is recommended on this forum
24" for a 40 + gallon tank
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this place went up - this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one can be found at Pet Smart you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun above
2 ft fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
please post on here when you get one the placement and distance will be determined by the screen -- the wobbly walking will get worse w/ out proper UVB
Okay thank you, I appreciate it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks really alert there for coming out of his brumation. As suggested, changing & upgrading your
UVB lighting will do wonders for him.
You may want to consider some liquid calcium for him also, to help boost his system right now. A long
brumation phase can sometimes tax the system & drain their calcium stores if they were low to begin
with going into brumation.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom