Please Help!

itzjulees

My bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in over a week. He won’t eat anything but a couple meal worms. He’s acting normal though running around find letting me pick him up. He don’t seem to be in any pain just won’t eat or poo. I don’t feel any kind of bumps on his back or stomach area. He not lethargic or anything. Any idea of what i can do? Vets are more the 2 hours away i’m willing to go but does anyone know anything on maybe why he’s doing thisV

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon hasn’t pooped in over a week. He won’t eat anything but a couple meal worms. He’s acting normal though running around find letting me pick him up. He don’t seem to be in any pain just won’t eat or poo. I don’t feel any kind of bumps on his back or stomach area. He not lethargic or anything. Any idea of what i can do? Vets are more the 2 hours away i’m willing to go but does anyone know anything on maybe why he’s doing thisV
Feed him some baby food pumpkin till he poops add a drop of olive oil and drop of honey- make sure he stays hydrated - meal worms are for treats only how old is the dragon

itzjulees

Original Poster
Feed him some baby food pumpkin till he poops add a drop of olive oil and drop of honey- make sure he stays hydrated - meal worms are for treats only how old is the dragon
He’s gonna be a year in October. Feed him pumpkin baby food till he poops? and just normal honey and olive oil? yeha meal worms are his treats and he’ll only eat a few i don’t normally feed them too him. He won’t eat his salads either

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He’s gonna be a year in October. Feed him pumpkin baby food till he poops? and just normal honey and olive oil? yeha meal worms are his treats and he’ll only eat a few i don’t normally feed them too him. He won’t eat his salads either
Ok we need him to start eating some salads - what have you tried to get him to eat salads- yes feed him baby food pumpkin a drop of raw unfiltered honey and olive oil- stop w/ the meal worms- how is he getting water?

itzjulees

Original Poster
Ok we need him to start eating some salads - what have you tried to get him to eat salads- yes feed him baby food pumpkin a drop of raw unfiltered honey and olive oil- stop w/ the meal worms- how is he getting water?
He was getting water by eating his salads but he stopped eating so i don’t think he’s getting any water from anything cause he won’t eat anything at all

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He was getting water by eating his salads but he stopped eating so i don’t think he’s getting any water from anything cause he won’t eat anything at all
Please drop water on his nose so he licks keep dropping till he stops or moves away - he needs water to keep his bowels moving

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’ve been doing that and he’ll lick it off only a little and than stops
Ok when he poops after eating the pumpkin watch and see if he has white urate and if it's chalky looking or dried out - same w/ the dark poop see if it's dried out-

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
At this point; he could be headed into a semi-hibernation-like state.
They do it first at about a year old.

Typically they start at 1Y.O but they can start @ 10 mos. old.

You said he's turning 1 in October.
Def. get him a bowel movement before brumation.

Then they do it about once a year.

itzjulees

Original Poster

I feed him pumpkin but he didn’t poop or anything

itzjulees

Original Poster

all he did was lick all of it off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sometimes, it just takes awhile! Reptiles have slower digestive systems so keep at it with feeding
him softer foods like the pumpkin, butternut squash & sugar free applesauce.
Be sure his basking temperatures are optimal, too for him.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom