Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are good ways to clean my beardies tank. They have runny stools and seem to get it all over. I use stone glass and wood for enclosure items. Any advice be appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I clean my tank w/ a 50/50 mixture of vinegar / water ---- it takes away the smell - the glass could be cleaned w/ dish soap and water and then sprayed w/ the vinegar solution to sanitize - as far as the wood I dont know --- I dont use wood because not being able to clean it good - I use a resin looking wood decor from Petsmart and all those pieces are easily washed and then sanitized w/ the vinegar solution - I also have F10 on hand that I use every so often that is a vet sanitizer and kills everything pretty much------------ some others on here can give you ideas on how to clean the wood
Karrie

NewBeardDragOwner

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1hx8kggc said:
I clean my tank w/ a 50/50 mixture of vinegar / water ---- it takes away the smell - the glass could be cleaned w/ dish soap and water and then sprayed w/ the vinegar solution to sanitize - as far as the wood I dont know --- I dont use wood because not being able to clean it good - I use a resin looking wood decor from Petsmart and all those pieces are easily washed and then sanitized w/ the vinegar solution - I also have F10 on hand that I use every so often that is a vet sanitizer and kills everything pretty much------------ some others on here can give you ideas on how to clean the wood
Karrie
Don't think vinegar is a good sanitizer. Heard Clorhexidine Gluconate is good but expensive. That's pretty much where am at with cleaning is to purchase this stuff. Just thought with others having beardies maybe cheaper option. Cant boil wood no pot fit it in.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I use Nature's Miracle Cage Cleaner for Small Animals. It too kills the smell, and I've used it on finished (urethane) wood. If you can paper train your dragon, that helps a LOT. Mine goes on a half-paper towel (folded full sheet) that he hits 13/14 times. It soaks up the additional liquid/water.

This stuff will soak into unfinished wood and kill any smell, but I can't vouch for it removing any stains that have penetrated the fibers.

EDIT:

FWIW, I just came across this: Disinfecting Methods
cleaning reptile enclosures

NewBeardDragOwner

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2p9muh59 said:
I use Nature's Miracle Cage Cleaner for Small Animals. It too kills the smell, and I've used it on finished (urethane) wood. If you can paper train your dragon, that helps a LOT. Mine goes on a half-paper towel (folded full sheet) that he hits 13/14 times. It soaks up the additional liquid/water.

This stuff will soak into unfinished wood and kill any smell, but I can't vouch for it removing any stains that have penetrated the fibers.

EDIT:

FWIW, I just came across this: Disinfecting Methods
cleaning reptile enclosures
Thank you! I'll try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom