Creating an enclosure for a disabled dragon

zonkey

Original Poster
Hey all, it’s me (as always) searching for some advice on how I can make an enriching yet easily accessible enclosure set up for my rescue beardie. She’s got MBD, and is missing some toes. She has trouble climbing up some surfaces sometimes, though is able to get onto her flat/thick driftwood basking spot with relative ease for example. Now I figured it’d be best for her enclosure to be more wide open so she can easily move around. But I also want to make it as enriching as possible and helpful to her. Any ideas on items I can put in her enclosure to help her and make her life more enriching? But also safe, given her MBD i don’t want her to fall and possibly break any bones. Any and all help is appreciated. I just want to make her life better after all she’s been through.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I give my giys hides made with big pieces of sandstone. They are flat on top so a good perch and they keep their nails blunted. I also have ramps in some of them. They love to set on an incline.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom