Should I deep clean my beardies tank during burmatuon?

Indigostars

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scrubby
Hello there,
My beardies showing all the signs of burmatoon, loss of appetite, not as active, he’ll open up his eyes and look at me when I check on him. Been keeping an eye and everything seems all good in that regard. However his monthly tank cleaning (deep clean to disinfect) is coming up, I was wondering if I should wait for this to be over? Or should I disturb him to clean it?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Please let him be- the tank should be dirty as he is simply resting.
Don't be that annoying parent like me- let them be! LOL
It's hard- we should start a thread, what to do when beardies brumate: Read, take a walk, research further about beardies, etc. Hang in there!

Indigostars

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Scrubby
Please let him be- the tank should be dirty as he is simply resting.
Don't be that annoying parent like me- let them be! LOL
It's hard- we should start a thread, what to do when beardies brumate: Read, take a walk, research further about beardies, etc. Hang in there!
Thank you so much, lol I am definitely paranoid and it’s his first burmation which isn’t helping lol. I offer him food (every now and then) and check on him to make sure he’s all good, but besides that I leave him be lol thanks so much for the advice!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Oh how I've grown....20 years...I would've panicked- cried, asked 50 questions and now I know it's a joke!!!
I must admit, that first year felt like 20 years- I can not lie!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom