Basking Light Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here.

I'm trying to buy a basking light, and I'm not sure how to make sure I buy a bulb and a compatible dome fixture. What fixtures/bulbs do you guys use?

warhawk

I like the Exo terra bulbs, most of mine are 75watt they last a long time and give off great heat.

As far as fixtures a nice one will help your light last longer and focus the heat down. I have used the 8.5" dome lights for years but I have changed to the 5" National Geopraphic lights from petsmart they work very nice and really focus the heat on to the basking spot.
http://www.petsmart.com/reptile/heating-lighting/national-geographic-trade-reptile-heat-lamp-zid36-21558/cat-36-catid-500011?var_id=36-21558&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Zoomed combo dome at the moment. I've been using a 100 watt zoomed spot light. Perfect temps. I messed around with halogens but they fluctuated too much. Never could dial in temps as well as incandescent. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom