light fixture question

lilith13

Okay, I have a probably dumb question but... Before I used two dome lights for my beardie but the salesperson talked me into a strip fixture for the uvb. It came with a bulb but I think not the right sort of bulb & she said it just screws in. Maybe I'm dumb but I don't see how to unattach the present bulb & reattach the correct one. What am I missing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay, I have a probably dumb question but... Before I used two dome lights for my beardie but the salesperson talked me into a strip fixture for the uvb. It came with a bulb but I think not the right sort of bulb & she said it just screws in. Maybe I'm dumb but I don't see how to unattach the present bulb & reattach the correct one. What am I missing?
What brand and bulb did you get?

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
You take the bulb out by twisting it either direction. There should be two pins on each end of the bulb. What you're doing is rotating the pins so they slide out where the red line is on the diagram I drew.

Then, you'll put the new bulb back in by sliding both pins all the way in, then rotating the bulb until it locks in.

Red is step one, yellow is step two, green is the final position of the pins on the bulb.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1000000863.jpg
    1000000863.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 22

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Go for a hike. The best sticks and rocks for the enclosure are found when you're 5 miles from civilization and have to carry it all the way back to your car :)

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom