What room do most of you keep your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
All the natural light is great, and it's not a bad place for the cage. Just be aware - windows can be drafty (especially in the winter) so you may need to pay extra attention to heating. Direct sunlight can dangerous overheating of the enclosure so you'll want to be mindful of that as well. It may not be the easiest location but it's not bad if you are careful with the temps.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh boy I am getting nervous now. This seems like the best room in my house space wise and we are in this room a lot. Another room we could do is living room but the set up in there doesn't leave much room for tank and if we had to do that room the tank would be tucked next to couch not able for him to see anyone. :?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Since you have the cage already I would just set things up and monitor the temps. The little weather station style thermometers will give you a min/max reading. You'll have to recheck it again in the summer. If direct light is an issue you can get clever with the curtains or make curtrains for the cage.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah I worry during summer. Not so much during winter as it is a 4 season sunroom that has heat. But summer even when AC is on in house which is not in sunroom it can get very hot in here unless I play around with curtains. We are going to try and move it to living room to see what set up looks like. We also want to play around with his lighting before we bring him home which may be as early as Thursday.

Volt

Mine is in my bedroom! I live with my family, and since he is mine he needs to be in my room along with my ferrets. It's also much easier for me to care for him and keep an eye on him in here, since my room is my space and I spend a lot of time in it.

Volt":3g27d739 said:
Mine is in my bedroom! I live with my family, and since he is mine he needs to be in my room along with my ferrets. It's also much easier for me to care for him and keep an eye on him in here, since my room is my space and I spend a lot of time in it.
same thing here

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How about this room?
Only thing I fear is it is right by our front door and don't want to scare people who walk in who are not reptile fans. That is why I originally wanted sunroom as it is in the back of our house

Jsw

Hatchling Member
I keep my tarantula where everyone can see her as an arachnabassador ;) , and eventually some people get over their fear of her and become spider apologists. :blob8: So I would have no problem keeping a beardie where people might encounter him. And he's in a tank! How scared could they get? :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Mine are in a bedroom I have devoted to all my reptiles. I have a floor to ceiling rack that holds 20 enclosures I also have a 210 gallon aquarium in there. I have a 150 gallon aquarium in my entry way, and a 100 gallon in my bedroom. My enclosures all are locked, don't want my venomous to escape :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Adding on to what Taterbug was saying, it might be a good idea to invest in a programmable dimming thermostat. They are great for handling shifts in temperatures, especially as the seasons change.

My enclosures all are locked, don't want my venomous to escape
Would be a pretty funny way to get rid of unwanted guests though =)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I usually don't have guests.....I'm okay with that :)
The proportional thermostats you mentioned are nice, I use them on my incubators. I can choose between off/on, pulse proportional, or proportional. I have a couple Herpstat Intros, and a Herpstat 1.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmmm now deciding where to put him. We are in both rooms a lot. The sunroom is tv room and computer so lots time spent there plus kids toys there. But both rooms equally used. I just love sunroom. My favorite room but I get nervous now

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you keep the tank in the sunroom away from the windows? If they are both relatively high traffic they should both be fine but as mentioned i'd just keep a very close eye on temps if the tank is near the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom